Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

First time shooting steel today, that's fun!

Wife and I bought a steel target stand and a couple plates (it was a set,) and hauled it, the rifles, and a couple pistols out to BWSA.

Leaving aside the weather (cold, cold, cold!) I can see why people get a kick out of shooting steel targets!
    Pull the trigger and either you get a *DING* or not, and you see the target swinging or not. Quick, easy, instant feedback!

Had the wife give it a try using my rifle (we're still working on getting hers set up for her and sighted in,) and we discovered an obvious fact.
    My length of pull and hers are VERY different (6'-1" for me vs 5'-9"ish for her height,) so she couldn't get set on the rifle *quite* right.
    She took a shot, missed everything but the ground, and the cheek riser on the rifle bit her hard (she declined further shots.)

Next time, I think, we'll have both targets on the stand, and her rifle better set up (needs a cheek riser, just ordered one today) so we can both ping steel.

I have built quite a few over the years, even some for the local PD. Getting them to want to shoot more then just qualifying is a bonus!! Steel is a blast!
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    Yeah, some of the fun was playing the game of "can I *stop* the plate from swinging with my next shot?"

I even like how, when you don't hit center-ish, you can see the plate swinging crazy for a minute.

Next time, down to the 8" plate, and set the 10" up on the 200yd range!

I am a Forum User
    Love it. Bought my Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite expressly for that purpose. We have an organized steel challenge every week, April-November. Shoot inside during the crappy weather months.

I am a Forum User
    It's called "instant gratification"

I am a Forum User
    Come shoot a PRS match or try one of the pistol steel matches at a club close to you.
    *lots* of fun.

I am a Forum User
    Yes shooting steel is fun!

Yes, it is really fun. Use a suppressor and it more than doubles the fun.