Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I have been selling mine on gunbroker for at least twice what I paid for it. I am not going to shoot it when it is this expensive anyway. I have also sold off some firearms that I did not really want anymore, and I got back what I paid for them. I will replace the ammunition and firearms when things settle down.

MGO Member
    Yea.....that is how it usually works.....hope you are right this time.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

I am a Forum User
    I say keep it for now depending on the type. If you have an AK variant you can take up the 7.62 club, that stuff is still pretty cheap(~$7 a box). 5.56 you can shoot if you are Mr money bags, its still available if price is no object to you. 9mm is scarce and expensive. .45 acp and .40 is more reasonable, though I did see one vendor charging $2 a round, gtfoh.
    Last edited by MisterSpence; 01-13-2021 at 10:40 AM.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puc View Post
    I would love to have you explain this Balrog, have you (or others for that matter) successfully shipped ammo? I had a real nice shipment all sold, boxed up, tagged with an "ORM" sticker and ready to go to its new owner. I knew for a fact that USPS wouldnt touch the stuff (or maybe that was where I went wrong? If you ship USPS I would love to hear that good news) so I called FedEx for a pickup.. My local FedEx guy shows up,, says I have to take it to HQ in GR.. I did that and was told I needed to apply for some kind of a Haz Mat status. Went home, stopped at UPS, basically told the same thing.. Perhaps I should not have mentioned to anyone I was shipping ammo like I was told by a local gun shop to do but I was not willing to take the risk of fooling with the feds.

USPS was your first mistake-they make no bones about publishing they don’t ship ammo... And your stickers are wrong, ORM is outdated-you need to update as in the link below, there are new symbols and labels required. My choice is UPS, with proper labeling and handed off at or to the correct place or person you’ll have no issues. As in the below, the right person or place is a driver, a scheduled pickup location or a UPS hub and NOT a 3rd party UPS BRANDED STORE.

See this, it is up to date and accurate as of the IATA and DOT changes to labeling effective 1-1-21
    https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-cente...mmunition.page

Here is an example of the required labeling, print this image out about 4” square- https://www.labelmaster.com/shop/lim...l-pack-of-lqmp

Print out the info I linked, if an uninformed employee at the regional hub disagrees with you, show them their own policy and request to have a supervisor intervene. Additionally UPS advises to request the employee or supervisor call -UPS Hazardous Materials Support Center 1-800-554-9964

Again, properly packaged, labeled accordingly and taken to the correct location-shipping ammo is NOT hard. And yes I have done this myself without issue very recently.
    Last edited by balrog006; 01-13-2021 at 10:29 PM.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I wasn't aware of the change, Thanks for bring it to all of our attention.
    Now what to do with all those ORMd labeled boxes....

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by thedonn007 View Post
    I have been selling mine on gunbroker for at least twice what I paid for it. I am not going to shoot it when it is this expensive anyway. I have also sold off some firearms that I did not really want anymore, and I got back what I paid for them. I will replace the ammunition and firearms when things settle down.
    I feel this time it is different. The shortages in every category are running too deep. The signals coming from the next regime are doing nothing to quell the panic. Firearms, ammunition, reloading components continue to be manufactured but seem to be swallowed up in some black hole. Even if all the anti-gun, anti-2A rhetoric would stop today and in a perfect world the 2A would be loved, respected, and never be assaulted again, how long would it take to bring all the supply chains back to normal? 12, 18, 24, 36 months? This isn't factoring in if we get into a shooting war in some foreign land.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash-hider View Post
    how long would it take to bring all the supply chains back to normal? 12, 18, 24, 36 months?
    Exactly 48 months if we don't self destruct in-between now and then.

I am a Forum User
    Guns are useless without ammo. Keep it. I wish I bought pallets of ammo last year and I have A LOT already. But if you really need the money sell it....

I am a Forum User
    When ammo gets up to $3 a round sell it all and take up a new hobby.

I am a Forum User
    Honestly, when you should sell depends on Biden. Personally I don't see the doom and gloom that others see. Nor do I see the Roberts court letting overly grabby legislation pass muster. Many disagree with this opinion. Like anything else, you roll the dice and take your chances.

If think that if the ATF isn't kicking people's doors in by June or so, the panic buying will stop and supplies will replenish. I don't know if we'll get back to the days of buying a pallet of 9mm for whatever change you have in your pocket, but there will be ammo available this summer.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast