Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why would someone want to destroy a suppressor?

Just curious why a private citizen would want to destroy a legally owned suppressor? Better off buying a new one, then to buy a used one due to the stupid illegal $200 tax?

??

What?

This is the second time you've posted the question, obviously it is important to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by thedonn007
    Just curious why a private citizen would want to destroy a legally owned suppressor?
    So, WHERE does the question arise from? Who is looking to destroy a suppressor?

Not sure what you are asking
    Quote Originally Posted by thedonn007
    Better off buying a new one, then to buy a used one due to the stupid illegal $200 tax?
    Last edited by RifleGuy; 01-13-2021 at 10:42 AM.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    ??

What?
    You told me to make a new thread so I did. Why would someone want to destroy a suppressor?

??

What?
    You told me to make a new thread so I did. Why would someone want to destroy a suppressor?

Quote Originally Posted by thedonn007 View Post
    No Sir, I did not tell you to make a new thread. That was solely your decision.

SO who wants to destroy a suppressor?
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Ok, the question which started this debacle...

Should a suppressor, owned by a trust, be inadvertently destroyed, what is the procedure for having that item removed from the trust and the BATFE registry?
    inadvertently

In an inadvertent manner; heedlessly; carelessly; inconsiderately; unintentionally.
    adv.

- Unintentionally, because of an oversight.
    adv.
    without knowledge or intention

The question posed was; what to do once a suppressor has been ACCIDENTALLY (inadvertently, unintentionally, without intention, because of an oversight) destroyed.

No one is looking to destroy a suppressor. But once it has, inadvertently, how does one go about removing it from the BATFE registry.

No Sir, I did not tell you to make a new thread. That was solely your decision.

SO who wants to destroy a suppressor?
    You were not happy about me asking the question in your thread, so I created a new thread. It was posted in that thread that people had sent in suppressors for destruction. I am curious as to the circumstances that would lead someone to want to destroy a suppressor. I was not asking you why you wanted to destroy your suppressor.

MGO Member
    Decent ones have lifetime warranty. Send it back.

Quote Originally Posted by thedonn007 View Post
    You were not happy about me asking the question in your thread, so I created a new thread. It was posted in that thread that people had sent in suppressors for destruction. I am curious as to the circumstances that would lead someone to want to destroy a suppressor. I was not asking you why you wanted to destroy your suppressor.
    That is pretty easy. If the owner of an NFA item passes away, and no one in his line can legally own or possess that item, it either has to be sold or destroyed. If all of those in his line are rabid anti 2A, it will most likely be destroyed.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    That is pretty easy. If the owner of an NFA item passes away, and no one in his line can legally own or possess that item, it either has to be sold or destroyed. If all of those in his line are rabid anti 2A, it will most likely be destroyed.
    Thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast