Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    All we have to do is work hard, build the majority for Republicans in the legislature and get a Republican governor so we can make the big changes.

Please remember that past performance is not indicative of future returns.

Brought to you by the election firm of Snyder, Jones and Meekhof.

Sponsored in part by MCRGO.

Yeah, I hear you
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

MGO Board of Directors

SB 0011 of 2021
    Weapons: concealed; concealed pistol licenses; require to be processed during a declared emergency. Amends secs. 5b & 5l of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.425b & 28.425l).
    Last Action: 5/4/2021 Analysis File Added

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...SFA-0011-F.pdf

This bill has come out of the Committee on Regulatory Reform favorably and without amendments and the Senate passed it.

It is now before the House and is in the Committee on Military, Veterans and Homeland Security.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    What is to keep a clerk from going the route that Wayne County and the SOS - appointments only - and then have them schedule like 2 appointments for fingerprints or processing the package a week.

Unless the section of law financially penalizes the clerk, there are no teeth to the proposed law.

MGO Board of Directors

SB 0011 of 2021
    Weapons: concealed; concealed pistol licenses; require to be processed during a declared emergency. Amends secs. 5b & 5l of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.425b & 28.425l).
    Last Action: 5/11/2021 referred to second reading

Bill came out of committee, reported with recommendation without amendment.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

SB 0011 of 2021
    Last Action: 3/8/2022 Analysis File Added

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...1-CD4D4592.pdf

MGO Board of Directors

SB 0011 of 2021
    Last Action: 3/10/2022 returned to Senate

This Senate bill was passed by the Senate on 3/4/2021 and has now passed the House on 3/10/2022 (just over a year later). It is now being returned to the Senate. Since there were no House amendments, this should be heading to the Governor's desk for vetoing soon.

MGO Board of Directors

SB 0011 of 2021
    Last Action: 3/15/2022 ORDERED ENROLLED

When is it going to be put on the Governor's desk?

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    When is it going to be put on the Governor's desk?
    SB 0011 of 2021
    Last Action: 3/22/2022 PRESENTED TO GOVERNOR 03/17/2021 12:58 PM

How long will it take her to veto it?

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    PRESENTED TO GOVERNOR 03/17/2021 12:58 PM

How long will it take her to veto it?
    So, pretty close to 24 hours after I asked
    How long to veto? who knows.
    She has 14 days measured in hours and minutes to decide.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast