Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Milestone ammo pricing...$5/rnd

Although I reload for it, and haven’t bought factory ammo in a while, this is outright depressing....

.357 magnum Winchester white box is now over $5/rnd. 50 round box for $255, plus shipping. Ammo seek is only showing 3 total sources online right now for any kind of .357. Which is an improvement over last week, where they showed zero results for any anywhere on the internet.

Keep in mind, if they're showing up as in stock on Ammo Seek it's because they're actively sitting on some website and no one has bought them. Probably for that pricing reason exactly. It's the same as I tell people with 5.56: the ammo is out there readily available if you're willing to pay an arm and a leg for it. If you want something that resembles normal pricing, then you'll have to fight to find it.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

MGO Member
    Geez I could pay off my house if things go to $5 a round. That's 50bmg money

I saw that a few days ago, when there was only one seller. Wasn't it 'Alamo' ammo or something? I have made a mental note to NEVER buy anything from them again.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    I saw that a few days ago, when there was only one seller. Wasn't it 'Alamo' ammo or something? I have made a mental note to NEVER buy anything from them again.
    Yeah, it’s Alamo.

I’ve been reloading the stuff for $0.12/rnd......but that will only last as long as my supply of primers.....

wow what was other sellers price when it was in stock last, or a few weeks ago etc. I do not shoot any magnums so I have not kept up on prices except when I bought ammo in the past using friends and cousins 357 and 44 mag, what ever it was in the past I did not flinch it seemed reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    wow what was other sellers price when it was in stock last, or a few weeks ago etc. I do not shoot any magnums so I have not kept up on prices except when I bought ammo in the past using friends and cousins 357 and 44 mag, what ever it was in the past I did not flinch it seemed reasonable.
    When things started going south, it was around $1.40-$1.80/rnd, then went “unavailable” for a while. Ammo seek just started listing some in stock again, and $5.10/rnd was what it was.

For some reason, .45 Colt was the first to spike to obscene levels, and very early. No idea why. It was usually $0.80/rnd, and then jumped to $1.60-$1.80/rnd while .454 casull stayed around $1.40/rnd. .45 Colt components evaporated quickly too, around the end of summer. I never thought of it as a popular caliber except for reloaders and old timers. I was surprised to see it was one of the first calibers to spike and evaporate.

Guess we can add Alamo right next to cheaper than dirt for places I'll never buy from again from now until the end of the world.

I am a Forum User
    High prices might slow sales. Slow sales fill shelves. Full shelves drop prices.