Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by bjmusico View Post
    So if someone has a standard rifle, then adds a folding stock that makes operating length <= 26", how should it be registered? Submit RI-060 with self as seller and buyer?
    Federal law matters. Don't do it.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    Federal law matters. Don't do it.
    Got it, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    No, for the 1,987th time, there's no legal way to complete a RI60 without an actual transaction of a complete pistol.
    I hope you didn't go back and count the number of times it was asked. I had seen some past advice on the forum for submitting RI-060 with self-seller/buyer, so was wondering if (hypothetically) making a rifle into a pistol by adding a folding stock was one of these situations.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by bjmusico View Post
    Got it, thanks!

I hope you didn't go back and count the number of times it was asked. I had seen some past advice on the forum for submitting RI-060 with self-seller/buyer, so was wondering if (hypothetically) making a rifle into a pistol by adding a folding stock was one of these situations.
    Lol no, but it's close to that! No different than making a pistol from a 80% frame or stripped frame.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12