Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Ruger M77 bolt .25-06

I inherited this some time ago and looking for a value.

Serial #70-71385 puts it in the 1973-1974 range. Iron sites on what looks like a heavy barrel. Markings on barrel include .25-06, Sturm, Ruger & Co. and a backwards P and R together in a circle. My understanding is at some point around this time the manufacture of the barrels changed and the new ones had a warning on them?
    2 position safety. Integral scope mount with rings and a valueless 3x12 Tasco Euro class scope.
    Condition is very good with all it's bluing with just a few nicks in the stock from use.

I am a Forum User
    Without pics, who knows. Does it have the flat bolt? They command a bit of a premium. One persons idea of excellent condition can be far from actual excellent condition. I recommend getting a few more posts under your belt and adding photos. Another good way to find current market value is to sign up for a Gunbroker account (it’s free), search the completed auctions with bids, and compare condition to your rifle to find something comparable. In today’s market, the BB of Gun values is pretty far from accurate (just my opinion). Most people think Gunbroker is over-priced. However, a Guns value is what someone is willing to pay.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Yes can't post pics yet which is why I tried to describe it the best I could. I'm no gun expert but I see no wear on the bluing, the stock still shines and admittedly it has 6-12 marks on the stock depending on what you call a ding. Knowing who owned it I believe it wasn't used much. I will search out sales.