Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Red dot Mount for mp22 pistol

Anyone have any suggestions. Want to stay away from milling the slide. Recoil is too light to add a red dot. Any mount auggestions?

MGO Member
    I was / am in a similar position. I picked up a EGW bounty for my Vortex Venom on a Glock. I’ve used other EGW Oroducts and found them to be quality. Yjeit mount makes me lose Therese sight, but I bought this as a test step. If I like it I plan to get a Saurez L Mount. It is fot LEOs rear cannot have their dept. issued pistil milled. The L Mount can accelrvacewarvsight. It is under revisuib right now.

So fat I have about 100 rounds using the EDW / Vebom combo. The sight is a bit higher over the bore, bit nothing that some practice & dryfire won’t help. All in all I think once I get the L mount and sights this will be my carry choice.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by grouse View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions. Want to stay away from milling the slide. Recoil is too light to add a red dot. Any mount auggestions?
    Is it a full sized M&P .22 or the Compact M&P .22? (different guns)

In any case I have an M&P 22 compact that has a front under-rail, if your M&P 22 has a front under rail then you can probably find an "L" mount that clamps on the under rail then comes up the side that allows a red dot mounting above the slide (at least this type of mount would allow slide recoil functioning with a mounted red dot).

My M&P compact 22 will not properly cycle if my off-hand thumb is even contacting the slide so I seriously doubt that you would get a slide cycling with a red dot slide mounted on it. (the recoil spring is about as strong as a pen spring on these blow-back .22 guns)

You might even be able to make your own under-rail mount with an old cut-off scope mount, or a cut-off rail mount from something else, then bend up a piece of aluminum to attach to that under-rail mount then come up the side, then fold over the top of the slide. Dill some varying sized lightening holes to make it look pleasing, then do a poor-mans powder-coat to make it look professional.

Something like this___

https://www.amazon.com/Mako-Universa.../dp/B004O6CDV0