Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A2 flash hider shortening

10.5" barrel AR15 pistol is just too long with the fill length A2 flash hider and standard length pistol recoil spring tube. Thought being a cheapskate a guy could cut an A2 flash hider down on the lath or a hacksaw for that matter. Basically cut 3/4" or 1" off it. What say you?
    Last edited by oldmann1967; 01-20-2021 at 08:17 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Is being “just too long” a personal preference thing or are you wanting to shorten it for some other reason?

Buddy wants to carry it with CPL.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Shorter devices are available that standard A2’s
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Thought muzzle devices didn’t count towards oal unless pinned and welded? Measure with it off.
    Active airport shooter

MGO Member
    Try a Deadfoot Arms modified recoil system. Have a 7.5 barrel and 2.5 recoil tube ar pistol that is 17 7/8 inches oal without muzzle device. A bit pricey but cuts the length nicely. I have envisioned carrying this in a specially designed shoulder rig.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    Thought muzzle devices didn’t count towards oal unless pinned and welded? Measure with it off.
    You're correct.

10.5" barrels with most standard carbine buffer tubes come in at 25.75" in their shortest operable length. There's no need to cut anything down, not to mention it would look terrible.

I am a Forum User
    LWRC has a shorter open flash hider $30.

I am a Forum User
    Detachable accessories (like a muzzle device) do not count towards the 26" length measurement. Standard length buffer tube and 10.5 barrel normally comes in at just under 26"
    If you cut off that much of the flash hider then there is not enough left to do anything to the flash. Might just as well use a thread protector instead. The 556 fireball will be really impressive in that configuration. If you want to know before modifying anything just remove the flash hider and try it.

MGO Member
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast