Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Board of Directors

I have not had any issues with Aluminum cased ammo, I would use it again. I do prefer brass, as I am a handloader, but Im less picky now that replenishing my stock due to not having what I want available at a reasonable cost. I dont typically reload pistol, I usually buy factory loaded. If I get another press, Ill start doing pistol calibers again. Pistol ammo is a PITA on my current press, but I do have all the dies and components to do it.

I wont use steel case anymore though. I had to replace an extractor on a Savage Model 12 after shooting a case of Wolf .223 steel cased ammo that I bought before I started reloading. Savage was great CS though, they sent me a new one at no cost even though I explained that it was not Savages fault, and I was the cause and offered to pay. Once I got the new part, I had the little spring and detent ball take flight when I took it apart, had to order new parts as I never found those tiny little *******s!
    Last edited by 04JRB; 01-22-2021 at 01:51 PM.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I have only used blazer in 9mm and 45 but it worked great. I try to buy all sorts of ammo, different brands, old stuff that is 20-40 years old, steel, off brand just to see if either gun has any hiccups.

MGO Board of Directors

Thousands of rounds of CCI Blazer here…no issues whatsoever in multiple pistols (all 1911 Kimbers).
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargeyork View Post
    I had some Federal Aluminum case 9mm from walmart and it said not to fire it in a Pistol Caliber Carbine but not why, I tried to call federal about it but could not get an answer on the phone, this is still a mystery to me does anyone have an answer?
    If I remember it has something to do with blowback and an unlocked breach. A Ruger PC carbine as an example is a blowback design but considered a semi locked breach and is fine when using 9mm but a Ruger PC carbine in .40 has a warning not to use it. With an unlocked breach it pulls the round out too quick before burning all the powder and has caused aluminum cases to rupture. Rugers PCC in 9mm blowback is delayed via the tungsten weight and why they consider it semi locked. I can't remember why aluminum case .40 ammo is dangerous in a Ruger.
    Last edited by erict; 01-22-2021 at 07:44 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    Thousands of rounds of CCI Blazer here…no issues whatsoever in multiple pistols (all 1911 Kimbers).
    I use to shoot a ton of the CCI Blazers in .357 mag. back in the 80's in a Ruger Redhawk, I load everything I shoot now, but still own that Redhawk...NO ISSUES with aluminum cases.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12