Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Aluminum cases...anyone ever try?

I have no experience with handgun rounds using the aircraft grade aluminum casing that some companies offer...does anyone have
    any experience? What is your opinion...any issues and dos it void any of the manufactures warranty if that is used? Just curious and
    thanks in advance for your replies.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator esq_stu's Avatar
    Never had a problem with CCI and Independence Jacketed round nose in .40 and 9mm. Sometimes (before covid) bought bulk quantities for practice and not a single fail in Glocks. Have shot CCI .38s in my snubby. Never tried them in anything else. Never tried the Federal brand aluminum cased ammo. If the price is competitive I would not hesitate to buy them again.
    All the best,

--esq_stu
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home

The above comments are not intended to be and do not constitute legal advice to anyone.

MGO Member
    If you are not a reloader or you don't save your brass, shoot aluminum if it is cheaper than brass cased ammo. I would stay away from steel cased ammo.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by denniscoon@aol.c View Post
    If you are not a reloader or you don't save your brass, shoot aluminum if it is cheaper than brass cased ammo. I would stay away from steel cased ammo.
    ^^ This ^^

Before I reloaded, I'd buy it on the cheap. Every single one went bang.
    You won't find it on the cheap now, but have no worries running it. Works just fine.

I never had any problems with it, even in 10mm through my gen 3 Glock with a ‘very’ unsupported chamber. I used to shoot it in 10mm, .38, .45, and .40. All went bang. And the cases went right in the trash.

I am a Forum User
    I had some Federal Aluminum case 9mm from walmart and it said not to fire it in a Pistol Caliber Carbine but not why, I tried to call federal about it but could not get an answer on the phone, this is still a mystery to me does anyone have an answer?

I bought .380 acp and 10mm Blazer aluminum cased ammo and I like it fine and haven't had any issues with it.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by denniscoon@aol.c View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    ^^ This ^^

Before I reloaded, I'd buy it on the cheap. Every single one went bang.
    You won't find it on the cheap now, but have no worries running it. Works just fine.
    ^This

I have used them with absolutely zero issues mostly when I go to a training class, especially outdoors, where I don’t want to be bothered rounding up brass-shoot it and focus on the training and nothing else.

I think I still have 2 cases I got for $8-9/box of 50 for whenever I get the itch to sign up for a class again.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I am a Forum User
    I have used maybe 5-6 boxes of it with no problems.

I am a Forum User
    "If you are not a reloader or you don't save your brass, shoot aluminum if it is cheaper than brass cased ammo." I agree with this..
    it's a less expensive than brass cased ammo alternative. I would consider it range or plinking ammo, as I don't think it's what you'd consider "match grade" quality..
    though in pistol use, that's not as much of a factor as it would be in rifle ammo. Not sure if there's any aluminum cased Rifle ammo, due to the much greater pressures generated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast