Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Messed up Marlin

I need help, instruction, information,understanding, and forgiveness. Seems I couldn't load shells into my new to me Marlin (Remington) 410 lever action. the loading gate is very stiff and it pinched my finger every time I tried to load. I made a simple loading tool with wood dowel and ball to assist getting shell into loading gate without pinching finger. When trying for the first load,I inadvertantly grabbed a 3 shell rather than the correct 2.5" shell. When I felt the first sign of resistance, the dumb in me said "push" The resulting jam has left me at the mercy of someone who can tell me how to get the shell out. The lever is stuck in thr wide open position and not to be budged.
    The shell is partially into the tube magazine. Do I need to remove the tube magazine to get the shell out? if so, I'll need to see the smith.
    Appreciate your help.
    Bill

Did you try removing the lever screw and then the lever and bolt to see if that gave you enough room to remove the shell? Watch a youtube on taking a marlin apart, they're not very complicated.

MGO Member
    Make sure to use a hollow ground screwdriver, or bit, on those screws so you don't bugger them up.

MGO Member
    Can you take the spring and plunger from the muzzle end of the loading tube?
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast