Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SCAMMERS

MGO Member

SCAMMERS

Careful in the classified sections contacted 2 different adds one in WA.state the other in FL.Both state Detroit but out of state phone Numbers.Pretty sure both are scammers.Just a heads up.

MGO Member
    My son lives in Denver CO but still has his Michigan cell phone number. Can't use area code to determine location of people any more.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by gjgalligan View Post
    My son lives in Denver CO but still has his Michigan cell phone number. Can't use area code to determine location of people any more.
    It can be a first warning sign but shouldn’t be used as fact anymore. When I moved away from home I always kept a local number to my family so they didn’t pay long distance. Nowadays there is no long distance but being able to retain a phone number even when moving across country has made it difficult to tell anymore where someone is actually from.

I am a Forum User
    -I posted a WTB ad here.
    -Member with 0 posts, Jan 2021 join date and location listed in Texas contacted me.
    -He suggested that I reach out to his friend in Illinois for a good deal.

Separately on Armslist I reached out to two people with fair priced ammo. Phone numbers were 248 and 313 prefix- local to my area.
    Both said they were Ontonagon but could ship.

Scammers are busy playing the numbers. They must figure that with all the new gun owners someone will eventually fall for it.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by brodie View Post
    -I posted a WTB ad here.
    -Member with 0 posts, Jan 2021 join date and location listed in Texas contacted me.
    -He suggested that I reach out to his friend in Illinois for a good deal.

Separately on Armslist I reached out to two people with fair priced ammo. Phone numbers were 248 and 313 prefix- local to my area.
    Both said they were Ontonagon but could ship.

Scammers are busy playing the numbers. They must figure that with all the new gun owners someone will eventually fall for it.
    I think the general population might be surprised to find out just how many people actually fall for these scams. Every single day, thousands of people across the country fall for a simple scam like these.

MGO Member
    Ive been back in Michigan now for about 6-7 years and still have my Denver number. I’v had the number longer than I haven’t so it makes sense to keep it. I’m always having to explain to people that it’s 303 not a 313 typo haha. I definitely understand the cause for concern though.

The forum/marketplace really has seen an uptick in scammers and flakes in the past few years and it’s disappointing. If ever there were a time for gun owners and enthusiasts to come together, it’s now.

A Nigerian prince sent me money.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gjgalligan View Post
    As stated spoke with both sellers by PHONE today.

I am a Forum User
    Why MGO Classifieds don't require a minimum post count of at least 20, I've never understood.
    It's a simple and very effective filter to weed out a large number of the brand new new account / scammer posts. Which is by in large, what they all are. Posts less than 20.
    Same with using the PM system. 10 posts at a min. I brought this up some time back as well as a recommendation. Never gained traction after several messages to and from the powers of Forumlandia.

If there were minimums, Users would need to open an account, *CONTRIBUTE TO THE MGO COMMUNITY* then are promoted to the user group that allows access to post to the classifieds and PM system(s).
    Otherwise you'll always have hit and run users. 3 posts, scam pm's links, etc.

Of course you can buy your way through this and become a paid member which instantly promotes you to the user groups with classified and PM permissions. Scammers don't do this either.

Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaX View Post
    A Nigerian prince sent me money.
    You lucky Guy!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast