Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBull View Post
    For me it will keep it more simple and flexible at the fore end as well as keeping the range of motion for the quick adjust closer to the fore end and my offhand. Less important at the buttstock but the plastic web buckles on this Condor Speedy are cludgy back there as well. I can very definitely see why custom slings will have the front QD sewn on. Having a tri-glide holding the rear sling swivel is no big deal for me.
    Gotcha.

For me I'm not that experienced with tactical slings. I've liked the ability that the Magpul slings without sewn in hardware has given me to go from direct attachment, QD, HK hooks, and mix them up to see what works best for me. I have a BFG padded sling coming later this week but have been using a Magpul MS1 that I also ended up buying a MS4 adapter for. It's been a short but interesting learning experience.

Since I Haven't actually used the BFG sling yet, I can only say that the BFG Vickers seemed like a no brainer for me when comparing it to the VTAC. The reason being: the VTAC has different grab points for extending and shortening the sling. Shorten it, grab the loose end of the strap. Extend it you have to go back and grab the lanyard on the strap clamp. I think I'd much prefer 1 place to go to for adjustments.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by nmuskier View Post
    It depends on what you want on a sling. Since we are talking quick adjust slings for (assuming) a "tactical" rifle...
    I prefer to not have buckles and clips. They rattle around and take up sizing space. The QD on the sling mount will suffice.
    I like the thumb loop adjustment. It seems fool proof, even with gloves.
    A nice wide web is good, but not the wide, padded section that looks like it is a hunting sling hybrid.

This is durable, stays where you put it, and adjusts easily.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JK...b_b_asin_title

But it isn't as cool as spending $50 on a sling.
    Sears Tactical is in Shopify https://sear-tactical.myshopify.com/ and has YouTube sling installation vids on the website http://seartactical.com/

The recessed plunger HD QD swivels look good for that price. I couldn't find them on amazon but they are on Shopify. The sling looks simple enough which is good to me.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by doslitros View Post
    Gotcha.

For me I'm not that experienced with tactical slings. I've liked the ability that the Magpul slings without sewn in hardware has given me to go from direct attachment, QD, HK hooks, and mix them up to see what works best for me. I have a BFG padded sling coming later this week but have been using a Magpul MS1 that I also ended up buying a MS4 adapter for. It's been a short but interesting learning experience.

Since I Haven't actually used the BFG sling yet, I can only say that the BFG Vickers seemed like a no brainer for me when comparing it to the VTAC. The reason being: the VTAC has different grab points for extending and shortening the sling. Shorten it, grab the loose end of the strap. Extend it you have to go back and grab the lanyard on the strap clamp. I think I'd much prefer 1 place to go to for adjustments.
    My first jump into tactical slings as well. I want to sling a few rifles, get what works and not go broke doing it. The Sears Tactical (STI) sling and QD swivels look good to me so I just order from Shopify. As far as Padded slings, I have two really nice slip on pads that fit snug and don't move on 1 1/4 USGI slings I've used them on. I think I got them from luggage or a tool case or something. I'll use one of those if I have to do a long stretch in a sling.

I tend to agree with your points about the VTAC plus the loose end web you get with the VTAC but Gun Jesus and his partner did a video and did pretty well with the it.

Last edited by GreenBull; 02-06-2021 at 05:59 PM.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBull View Post
    My first jump into tactical slings as well. I want to sling a few rifles, get what works and not go broke doing it. The Sears Tactical (STI) sling and QD swivels look good to me so I just order from Shopify. As far as Padded slings, I have two really nice slip on pads that fit snug and don't move on 1 1/4 USGI slings I've used them on. I think I got them from luggage or a tool case or something. I'll use one of those if I have to do a long stretch in a sling.

I tend to agree with your points about the VTAC plus the loose end web you get with the VTAC but Gun Jesus and his partner did a video and did pretty well with the it.

Got the padded Vickers sling a few days ago. I can't compare it to a VTAC, but compared to the magpul MS1 & MS4 I have, the BFG is already a clear winner. I took the 2 to 1 point MS4 adapter and put it on the vickers. Very much sold on this design.

I am a Forum User
    I've received the Sear Tactical sling and have had a chance to work with it a bit. I definitely like it more than the Condor Speedy for an out of the box budget sling. The Sear Tactical sling is simple, well made and works really well with the sling pads I've got. The quick adjust tri-glide functionality on the Condor is definitely smoother than the Sear Tactical. New, the Sear Tactical sling extends much easier than it cinches. I'm hoping that this gets better as it gets worked and lapped in some. I like the loop control on the quick adjust and it works well enough so far.

The Sear Tactical a good budget quick adjust sling choice if you are using 1 1/4 swivels and want something simple that works. The Condor Speedy would be a better budget choice for an AK with 1 inch loops. I put the Condor Speedy on a Yugo M70AB1 and don't like the web buckles working with that rifle either.

I've still got a couple other rifles to sling so I'll work with these two indoors as well as outdoors with winter gear on before buying any more slings or deciding which rifle to rework the Condor for..

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JK001 View Post
    https://www.vikingtactics.com/product-p/vtac-mk2.htm

I’m sure there are others that are good but I LOVE this one.
    The two main choices are the BFG Vickers and the VTAC sling.

My favorite is the padded VTAC with QD. Larue sell the VTAC sling with QD mounts sewn in.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue...-padded-sling/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234