Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    A little thread drift... "Kenosha Kyle" may have had a much different experience without his sling.

I reviewed the need for a sling on every rifle after realizing he (Kyle) may have lost his rifle without a sling.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tenthumbs View Post
    A little thread drift... "Kenosha Kyle" may have had a much different experience without his sling.

I reviewed the need for a sling on every rifle after realizing he (Kyle) may have lost his rifle without a sling.
    Funny that video is what convinced me about slings being for more than marksmanship and shouldering a weapon. I'm never going to be any kind operator but I'm now drilling and trying to establish some muscle memory running a braced AK pistol with the two point.

I am a Forum User
    It depends on what you want on a sling. Since we are talking quick adjust slings for (assuming) a "tactical" rifle...
    I prefer to not have buckles and clips. They rattle around and take up sizing space. The QD on the sling mount will suffice.
    I like the thumb loop adjustment. It seems fool proof, even with gloves.
    A nice wide web is good, but not the wide, padded section that looks like it is a hunting sling hybrid.

This is durable, stays where you put it, and adjusts easily.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JK...b_b_asin_title

But it isn't as cool as spending $50 on a sling.

Quote Originally Posted by tenthumbs View Post

Absolutely. Not having a sling for a rifle you intend to carry is like not having a holster for a pistol you intend to carry.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

I am a Forum User
    It's already been mentioned, but Vickers Blue Force.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by nmuskier View Post
    It depends on what you want on a sling. Since we are talking quick adjust slings for (assuming) a "tactical" rifle...
    I prefer to not have buckles and clips. They rattle around and take up sizing space. The QD on the sling mount will suffice.
    I like the thumb loop adjustment. It seems fool proof, even with gloves.
    A nice wide web is good, but not the wide, padded section that looks like it is a hunting sling hybrid.

This is durable, stays where you put it, and adjusts easily.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JK...b_b_asin_title

But it isn't as cool as spending $50 on a sling.
    Technically it's a braced pistol... The extra sizing space at the fore end is the biggest thing for me so far but simplifying things at the buttstock will be good as well. Having more hardware than you need to do what you need a sling to do makes no sense. I have a few other weapons to sling now so after getting some first hand I'd pick one of these STI slings in a heartbeat over that Condor Speedy that I have to get reworked. I might just as well keep price of education down so I'm going to order an STI and try it out. Thanks! I still haven't pulled the trigger on a high end sling yet because figuring out what works for me is more important than being cool.

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    Dolg M3 is my choice for a 2 point sling...Ruskie goodness, not too expensive and many color choices.https://www.tdrussia.com/en/dolg-m3

I am a Forum User
    If you are looking for a leather sling for some of your other rifles... Look at Montana Slings. www.montanagunslings.com

MGO Member
    Is the advantage to sewing the hardware in just that you don’t have that bit of extra kit and flap? Or is there something else?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by doslitros View Post
    Is the advantage to sewing the hardware in just that you don’t have that bit of extra kit and flap? Or is there something else?
    For me it will keep it more simple and flexible at the fore end as well as keeping the range of motion for the quick adjust closer to the fore end and my offhand. Less important at the buttstock but the plastic web buckles on this Condor Speedy are cludgy back there as well. I can very definitely see why custom slings will have the front QD sewn on. Having a tri-glide holding the rear sling swivel is no big deal for me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast