Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Help Identifying 8mm Mauser

I have a 8 mm Mauser that I can not find any info on. The gentleman I bought it from told me it was “hot rodded “. I can provide pics. Below are some numbers off of it.

Bolt - 18878
    Breech - 4020
    Front of breech - T.C. ASFA. ANKARA 1933
    End of barrel - 1903 German 8 mm C.A.I. ST. ALB. VT.

Again, I can email pics if you send me an email address. Thank you

MGO Member
    I purchased a YUGO Mauser a couple of years ago, great shooter. My Mauser had no crests, the bolt and the receiver numbers matched and it was it great shape. I shot several military matches with it and my friend was looking at my rifle and found Nazi markings on the front sight with some numbers and a Nazi crest on the bolt. Going on some internet sites I found that my rifle was a captured K-98, made in Germany in 1944. Look at the front sight and remove the bolt and check for Nazi markings, might have to use a magnifying glass. Good Luck P.S. make sure you have it head spaced before firing.

MGO Member
    Turkish Model of 1903, rebuilt in the government arsenal at Ankara. More info here:

https://www.turkmauser.com/models.aspx
    You have been infected by the Amish Virus. Since the Amish have neither electricity nor computers, you are on the honor system. Please format your hard drive. Thank you

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    ^ Yup...I bought one when they were first imported for 49$...also bought a case of Turk 8mm for 70$.