Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tokarev Not Ejecting

Eva Muzzled.jpg

Finally got my muzzle brake installed on my Tokarev, figured I'd share that update.

Either way my Tokarev hasn't ejected reliably for a while now [before the muzzle brake], for a long time when I'd finish out a mag the last spent case would often still be sitting in the slide when I'd set it down, usually right lined up with the ejection port. Last time I went to the range I was having trouble with the cycling, which often led to double-feeds. My guesses would be the extractor due to having shot steel cased ammo way back or the recoil spring. Mine is an M57 so the spring is captive, I'm guessing you have to separate it where it pivots with a punch. How do you replace the extractor, since I just bought a new one?

I am a Forum User
    Extractor is pinned into the slide. Just hammer it out. Also the "ejector" is part of the hammer housing. Inspect it by locking the slide back and looking at the part that extends through the breech face.

New extractor came in, so I'll have to try replacing that now.

Re-spring it. Wolff Service Paks

Service Pak Type I - Contains the following springs to replace weakened or broken springs, returning the pistol to original factory condition: recoil spring, firing pin spring, hammer spring, extractor spring and magazine catch spring

Service Pak Type II - Contains all springs described in Type I pak above and a +5% extra power magazine spring.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    Re-spring it. Wolff Service Paks

Service Pak Type I - Contains the following springs to replace weakened or broken springs, returning the pistol to original factory condition: recoil spring, firing pin spring, hammer spring, extractor spring and magazine catch spring

Service Pak Type II - Contains all springs described in Type I pak above and a +5% extra power magazine spring.
    I also bought a Service Pack Type II, it just hasn't come yet since Wolff is really behind [my Tanfoglio Witness recoil springs took quite some time as well]. So I should check the springs first and then go through the hassle of the extractor only if springs don't help?

Extractor needs removing to replace Ext spring IIRC. Might as well toss in the new extractor and call it a day.

How do you take the op rod apart? Do you remove the pin where it articulates near the middle or does one of the ends come off?

This is a Zastava M57 so I think the guide rod is slightly different [?] but based on the diagram I wonder if it breaks down the same way and how I'd remove part 14.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast