Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

870 Wingmaster Value

I have a Remington Wingmaster 870 that's in great condition. Bluing is great with just a few scratches on the stock. Has 2 barrels with it. Improved cylinder and full choke. Looks like it was made in 1996 and both barrels are vented rib. This is a 2-3/4" gun. NOT a magnum. I tried to look at sold guns on gunbroker but it appears as if you have to pay for that report. What should I be able to sell this for?
    Thx
    sunnenman

I am a Forum User
    300-450 ???? depends on condition

MGO Member
    Where did you come up with 1996 manufacture date?
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

I am a Forum User
    was wondering same but didnt ask.
    what is serial number/??

Quote Originally Posted by sunnenman View Post
    I have a Remington Wingmaster 870 that's in great condition. Bluing is great with just a few scratches on the stock. Has 2 barrels with it. Improved cylinder and full choke. Looks like it was made in 1996 and both barrels are vented rib. This is a 2-3/4" gun. NOT a magnum. I tried to look at sold guns on gunbroker but it appears as if you have to pay for that report. What should I be able to sell this for?
    Thx
    sunnenman
    Definitely don't need to pay to look at completed items. you may need to be a register user/buyer.
    As everyone is saying condition is key.

I am a Forum User
    I did a google search. There are 2 letters on the side of the barrel that indicates year of manufacture. That’s how I did it

I am a Forum User
    I just figured this out. I was surprised by what I found. One sold for $750 and the receiver had several scratches on it. Another in the same condition of mine sold for $850 and that was just a single barrel. I’m thinking gunbroker might be my best bet.

They stopped the 2-3/4" only receivers in the 80's sometime IIRC. You could still get 2-3/4" guns up until they went under but they were built on magnum "M" serial numbered receivers. The barrel date only tells you when the barrel was made. By going off of the barrel date one of my 1100's was made in the last 10 years even though I've had it since the 70's.

I am a Forum User
    The serial number is V041517V

I am a Forum User
    Yours is 1978-1983 I believe
    V= 2 3/4 only
    Choke tubes started after 1986

Take the money and run If you can get that !!!
    Last edited by eric; 02-01-2021 at 03:02 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast