Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Any updates on the Lapeer Pit?

Any updates on the Lapeer Pit? Is it open yet? Anybody been by there lately?

Haven't shot much in the last year. Been preparing for a move and getting rid of a lot of stuff that has accumulated over the years.

Got rid of nearly 70% of my firearm collection and working on another 10-15%, but did pick up one new gun that I wanted to sight in and shoot a bit.

MGO Member Forum User
    This says "Spring 2021"
    https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,...7140--,00.html

a Google search for "Lapeer Pit" says "Permanently Closed".

Gotta believe the first.....

Thanks. I hadn't seen that update. I have called the phone number for officer Burford which still has the same message of no expected date of reopening for Lapeer pit or Dansville ranges.

I remember the original timing was to close in Nov. 2019 and reopen in Aug. 2020. I wonder why it was pushed out another 6+ months or if it will be pushed out beyond that.

Anyway, it's a long drive for me, so I haven't stopped in to see what has been going on since a week or so before it closed in Nov. 2019. Still curious if anyone has actually been by to see what the situation looks like and whether it is actively being worked on.

MGO Member
    My brother lives in Lapeer - and sent me this pic in September. I'll ask him if he's driven by lately.

IMG_0284001.jpg
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kelvingantry View Post
    Thanks. I hadn't seen that update. I have called the phone number for officer Burford which still has the same message of no expected date of reopening for Lapeer pit or Dansville ranges.

I remember the original timing was to close in Nov. 2019 and reopen in Aug. 2020. I wonder why it was pushed out another 6+ months or if it will be pushed out beyond that.

Anyway, it's a long drive for me, so I haven't stopped in to see what has been going on since a week or so before it closed in Nov. 2019. Still curious if anyone has actually been by to see what the situation looks like and whether it is actively being worked on.
    A little thing called covid stopped construction for a while.

MGO Member
    I saw a lot of other construction that never stopped.
    All the work was outside. Shouldn't have been any reason to stop working. Maybe because it had something to do with firearms maybe.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by gjgalligan View Post
    I saw a lot of other construction that never stopped.
    All the work was outside. Shouldn't have been any reason to stop working. Maybe because it had something to do with firearms maybe.
    Just because it “shouldn’t have” had to stop a lot more did than kept going. They were mandated to have plans and procedures made up for dealing with the ‘Pandemic’ and if they didn’t or had a case on the crew the job got shut down-and that’s in areas and types of work that were ‘allowed’ to keep working because they were ‘essential’, lots of the construction industry (housing, etc.) was deemed non essential and had to stop.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

MGO Member
    Went by the pit a month or so ago, it looked like everything was finished. The fence was locked up and a DNR truck was there but, I didn't see an officer to ask about it. He may have been across the road talking to a hunter. I am going to Lapeer tomorrow, I'll swing around that way and see if I can gather any info.

MGO Member
    Pics from yesterday

IMG_0333.jpg
    IMG_0335.jpg
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by j-squared View Post
    Pics from yesterday

IMG_0333.jpg
    IMG_0335.jpg
    Where's the pictures AFTER you made footprints in the snow and shot it all up?
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast