Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Sadly, I don't think it will ever be open to the public. From pictures off Facebook they have turn it into parking lot for their trucks.
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    Leaving it chained up means the slobs won't leave the garbage they bring tossed around.

Give it a year from now and it will turn into a pig sty. I hope I'm wrong.
    I don't know what some people on here problem is I went to the pit before it was rebuilt and never had a problem with anyone there and if you treated everyone the way you would want to be treated. I think some people on here are their own self appointed Gun and Range GODS all knowing and seeing and if you don't listen to their edicts and use the range to their arbitrary standards they are better than you and you are unworthy and should bow down.

In Memoriam Forum User
    It's still legal to setup on state hunting land away from homes and businesses, with a suitable backstop and shoot. From viewing the area if appears there is plenty of land available for that. Maybe if they see that happening they'll re-open the pit. It seems odd that they would put all that work and money into it and not re-open it.

Has anyone called the DNR for a status?

I am a Forum User
    Lori Buford is in charge of the shooting ranges 989 600 9114 but all she has are a long list of excuses why the Lapeer Pit is not open all of which don't make any sense, she has stopped returning my phone calls and I believe screens here calls for repeat callers like me and won't talk to me anymore because I have heard all the excuses and she probably can't think of any more. up the food chain from her is Mike Holsinger no luck at all talking to him yet 517 388 0502.
    Last edited by Sargeyork; 07-01-2022 at 02:35 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by VIGILANT View Post
    It's still legal to setup on state hunting land away from homes and businesses, with a suitable backstop and shoot. From viewing the area if appears there is plenty of land available for that. Maybe if they see that happening they'll re-open the pit. It seems odd that they would put all that work and money into it and not re-open it.

Has anyone called the DNR for a status?
    Target shooting is no longer allowed anywhere in the Lapeer State game area except at the Lapeer State game area Range.
    https://www.michigan.gov/-/media/Pro...2a8a002fd393a2

Keeping the Pit in the system of legalities, it will probably never open. Once things go into the government bureaucracy it never pans out for the good.

I for one will miss the pit.

Here at the estate I'm finally putting the finishing touches to my indoor range.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

Thank you RINO Gary Howell.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargeyork View Post
    Lori Buford is in charge of the shooting ranges 989 600 9114 but all she has are a long list of excuses why the Lapeer Pit is not open all of which don't make any sense, she has stopped returning my phone calls and I believe screens here calls for repeat callers like me and won't talk to me anymore because I have heard all the excuses and she probably can't think of any more. up the food chain from her is Mike Holsinger no luck at all talking to him yet 517 388 0502.

The shooting range in Lapeer County, located within Lapeer State Game Area, is now open. The range will be open from 11 a.m. until 7 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays through Sept. 30. Beginning Oct. 1, the range will be open from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234