Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    You can reload and cut the prices significantly, I know it's near impossible to start right now tho

I am a Forum User
    In 1966 while in army basic training we were told "the goal is to not necessarily kill the enemy but to wound him. A wounded solder would require 2 more of the enemy to remove him from the field of battle. Then it would require medical personnel to care for him. A side benefit of a penetrating bullet is the possibility of wounding additional enemy after passing through the first target". I think the perceived goal of self defense is to stop the threat asap and NOT wound additional bystanders. Hence the benefits of a HP bullet.

I am a Forum User
    After shooting into frozen road kill deer year ago, I've been carrying wad cutters ever since.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but hollowpoints expand on impact.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaneyD View Post
    After shooting into frozen road kill deer year ago, I've been carrying wad cutters ever since.
    I wonder how many times we'll need to shoot into a frozen body in self defense?
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

MGO Member
    I just watched a video, where a LEO had to shoot a bad guy. He shot the guy 12 times at point blank range, and the guy kept on coming....finally dropped to the ground and died. I don't know what caliber or type of ammo the officer was using, or what the dead guy was on. If it was a 9mm and FMJ, shame on him.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by j-squared View Post
    I wonder how many times we'll need to shoot into a frozen body in self defense?
    Boy did you miss the point. It was to show how much penetration WD's have.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaneyD View Post
    Boy did you miss the point. It was to show how much penetration WD's have.
    What is the conversion factor of penetration from shooting into an ice cube to living, warm, tissue?
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by j-squared View Post
    What is the conversion factor of penetration from shooting into an ice cube to living, warm, tissue?
    I would assume that if it goes thru a frozen deer, it should be ok for human flesh.

I believe... as do most... that shot placement is more important than type of bullet/brand/caliber. I'd much rather be hit in the leg with a 10 mm than in the forehead with a 22 LR.

So which load/brand/ etc your gun shoots best... must be a part of this discussion. The very best round in all the tests is useless if the POA is 24" off at 25 feet.

Mark

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast