Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Best Light Weight AR15 Rifle

Looking for best light weight AR 15 type rifle. Want reliable, easy to maintain, need not be a “tack driver”. Thinking Ruger. Suggestions appreciated.. Sam

S&W M&P 15 Sport II is a bit lighter than a Ruger 556. The S&W also comes with a much better trigger.
    MGO Life Member, NRA Life Patron Member, CCRC Life Member, GOA Life Member

How light? How much do you want to spend ?

This is pretty pricey but probably the lightest out there

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/battl...nt-oip-review/

I am a Forum User
    Depending on how involved you want to get and how much you want to spend a very easy way to reduce weight on a rifle is to install a superlative arms adjustable gas block. This allows you to run a lightweight bolt carrier and a buffer without weights in it.

Not sure what you mean by lightweight. Like skeletonized light or ??? None of them are heavy without a bunch of needless accessories.

MGO Member
    "Lightweight" is kind of subjective. A carbine is lighter than a rifle in most cases but it all depends on the stock, handguards, barrel profiles and what accessories you hang on it.

The "lightest" carbine is probably one with a flattop upper, A2 tele stock, A2 handguards, pencil barrel profile and Magpul plastic BUS. Good luck finding one these days. Maybe piece one together using an upper and lower from PSA if you can even find the parts.
    Last edited by Garymac; 02-08-2021 at 08:54 AM.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

I am a Forum User
    Having friends and running into shooters with Ruger ARs, I personally do not recommend them due to seeing too many issues. For quality at a decent price I’d probably recommend a Windham. You’re getting mostly milspecish parts. Throw some lube at it once in a while and it’ll run.

Quote Originally Posted by heyyoustoopid View Post
    Having friends and running into shooters with Ruger ARs, I personally do not recommend them due to seeing too many issues. For quality at a decent price I’d probably recommend a Windham. You’re getting mostly milspecish parts. Throw some lube at it once in a while and it’ll run.
    Which rugers? What did you see ?

Best lightweight rifle?
    I have one in stock. Its a Haley Strategic Jack Carbine by BCM.

Not cheap though.

Consider building one. Lots of manufacturers are producing some very nice, high-end lightweight receiver sets nowadays. Add a pencil barrel, nice trigger, and pick your furniture. My lightweight, low-mass AR is by far my most fun to shoot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast