Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

One company giving you a chance at normal priced ammo, Super Vel

In the current political climate, acquiring ammunition has become a challenge. Here at Super Vel Ammunition we have worked hard to provide our loyal customers with not only high quality ammunition, but ammo at affordable pre-pandemic prices as well. By joining our newsletter you will receive advanced notice on all ammo releases we do, including 9mm and .223 FMJ!
    He gives tips on how to get ready when you get the email notification. Go to youtube for link info.

They also mention a BYOP [bring your own primer] program where they will load for you if you send them primers. https://supervelammunition.com/byop-program/

"The path to true knowledge is paved with wasted money" copyright postban forever!
    NRA Endowment Member, 2AF Life Member, GOA Patriot Member

also something interesting for reloaders;
    "The path to true knowledge is paved with wasted money" copyright postban forever!

They just emailed me this info. Might be other loads, only requested these two as a test. I'm good for both.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, just got 3 boxes of SCHP 9mm at normal prices.
    Nobody showed interest in this thread. Trying to help.

Still available as of 8:11pm
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am a Forum User
    thanks for sharing. I am enjoying the effort and the data they are sharing !

MGO Member
    1000 primers shipped to you cost + hazmat then you ship to them cost + hazmat

Quote Originally Posted by mr44 View Post
    1000 primers shipped to you cost + hazmat then you ship to them cost + hazmat
    With Ammo prices the way they are its a good deal if you have or find primers at a decent price even with the double shipping and Hazmat IMO.

Should mention, no relation whatsoever to this company.
    Read about them years ago in Guns And Ammo and American Handgunner when magazines were a thing.
    Had not thought about them in years, the primer testing video popped up in my u-tube feed.
    Read their history, literally the inventors of JHP pistol bullets and some other cool stories on their page.
    Shooting at a water tower at the insistence of a cop from a Police Station to judge load effectiveness.
    Making effective loads before Any of the Fed/Win/Rem/Hdy.

Also, ^Still in stock as of right now.

Gel Test

Quote Originally Posted by postban View Post
    Should mention, no relation whatsoever to this company.
    Read about them years ago in Guns And Ammo and American Handgunner when magazines were a thing.
    Had not thought about them in years, the primer testing video popped up in my u-tube feed.
    Read their history, literally the inventors of JHP pistol bullets and some other cool stories on their page.
    Shooting at a water tower at the insistence of a cop from a Police Station to judge load effectiveness.
    Making effective loads before Any of the Fed/Win/Rem/Hdy.

Also, ^Still in stock as of right now.

Gel Test
    Used to shoot Super Vel 44 mag 180gr when I was younger from my SB and M29 revolvers and at one time had a Lee Jurassic (super vel) 44 Auto Mag. Wish I still had that pistol...
    His belief was light weight JACKETED bullets at peak high velocity was the answer to the search for perfect defense and hunting ammo. He was the driving force behind jacketed HP handgun bullets that allowed for these speeds when plain cast were mostly what the other manufactures offered at that time being offered to the public. The ammo was pushed by his company on the police and was quite popular with them from what I remember reading in magazines at the time.
    As I recall he lost the company in the mid-late 1970s to the IRS/gov but might be mistaken on this. Who ended up with the rights and name I do not know.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    His belief was light weight JACKETED bullets at peak high velocity was the answer to the search for perfect defense and hunting ammo. ...
    Aligns pretty close with my memory too.

https://supervelammunition.com/lee-jurras-obituary/

Another super influential guy involved with them, J.D Jones. Father of 300 Whisper and a hundred other wildcats. So many memories. Must be why I have 50+ Gun Digests and Shooters Bibles in the basement.

https://supervelammunition.com/j-d-jones/

from J.D.Jones "I recall one police department wanting a demo and requested we get there about 10 p.m. We figured they wanted the usual— let’s go out and knock over a couple deer for a demo. Wrong.

Step out to the back of the station. See that water tower a couple blocks away? Yep.

Let’s see you hit it and hear what it sounds like.

Uh-huh, sure… but let’s see you do it first!

No problem. BONG!

Then we touched off a round of the early Super Vel and that water tower reverberated with more of a CRACK! Comparison of time-of-flight was impressive— you could hear the difference!"