Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Remington 760 Gamemaster---help with production year

I have searched many threads, and the Remington customer service TX# 1-800-243-9700, option "7" leads to a dead end... as do all other options on their phone line...
    I have a Remington 760 Gamemaster chambered in .35 Remington, S/N 232XXX.....

From Remington website:
    Description: Slide action, high-power hunting rifle with detachable magazine which replaced the Remington Model 141 and was later replaced by the Remington Model 7600.

Action Type: Slide-Action

Serial Number Blocks:
    1951-1967 1,000-541,000

Can anyone narrow down a more specific date of production?

Thanks in Advance!

Robert

MGO Member
    There is a date code stamped into the barrel on the left side in front of the receiver.

https://www.remingtonsociety.org/manufacture-dates/
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for your reply. I cannot post links yet.... but the stampings that are on my rifle don't seem to jibe with what the Rem. Society data....
    On the left side, I have a "D" and an "A" followed by what appear to be stairs (like 2 steps and a vertical line dropping off the upper flat "step"...
    Any additional help would be great. My email from Remington came back, and it appears they are out of the identification business, for now.
    Thanks in advance.

MGO Member
    According to the serial number range you provided and the years that block was used, using the chart provided by John 41, your rifle was manufactured in September 1954.

MGO Member
    Manufactured September 1954

The D and the A are the date codes. Your serial# puts it in the first group of serial number blocks.

I'm 4 months older than your Model 760.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by john.41 View Post
    Manufactured September 1954

The D and the A are the date codes. Your serial# puts it in the first group of serial number blocks.

I'm 4 months older than your Model 760.
    Thanks for your response. I appreciate it.

Robert