Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    I do not know much about the upper you are using, but my PSA 9mm upper the ejecter is bolted to the receiver with two bolts.. If you have the same setup, check if the ejector is connected properly, or if the ejector length is according to spec. It could also be that the ejector tip is broken or chipped.

If the brass is extracted but not ejected, the root cause could be any one of these or a combination of the following:
    1. Ejector is loose
    2. Ejector tip is broken
    3. Ejector is out of spec.
    4. Buffer spring is too heavy for the ammo you are using
    5. The ammo is weak
    6. The ejector gate is out of spec.

Another thing to check is if the extractor is doing it's Job and holding the case tight against the bolt so that it can be pushed out by the ejector. If the extractor is holding the cases weakly they can get knocked off by the rounds in the magazine or even before they get there. Had that issue with a couple scratch builds using kp31 bolts modified to semi where the firing pin bushing was replaced with a screw and was pushing the extractor out by the width of the threads.

I am a Forum User
    The buffer is too heavy. Some of these PCC buffers are way to heavy. If it is solid metal try grinding down the inside face taking off mass until it runs. You can probably start with a hack saw and cut off an 1/8 of an inch. This is the side that sits inside the Spring.

MGO Member
    Basically what JimSig said.

First check that the ejector is mounted in the lower, not broken. Like in the picture I've attached.

If the ejector is good, next find out about your buffer spring and buffer. Some 9mm buffers are heavy, some extra heavy. How heavy is the buffer and how long? Compare the length and weight to a regular AR15 5.56 buffer.

If it is heavier, try your rifle with a normal AR15 buffer and see if it ejects well. If so, the buffer was probably too heavy. Either go with a lighter one, or shoot more powerful ammunition.

PSA-colt_9mm.jpg
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter McNasty View Post
    Psa colt lower with their spring and buffer. 8"faxon barrel and bolt. Rtb upper with the 2" long port. It fires, but wont eject the spendt case. Thx
    KISS did you lube up the BCG?
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12