Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

skeet, skeet,skeet

can you guys still have #8 shot for clays and such? Just curious

I am a Forum User
    Yes, why couldnt you, I used to know guys that used #12 they were handloaders tho, the only restriction I have ever seen is no Magnum loads.

I am a Forum User
    Something about a dude named "Shooter McNasty" shouting Skeet Skeet Skeet makes me

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter McNasty View Post
    can you guys still have #8 shot for clays and such? Just curious
    Most of the clubs in the SE Michigan area limit the size of shot to 7 1/2 or smaller. This is primarily because of how far the heavier will carry with the muzzle elevated to an optimal angle (38deg). Most places don't have a shot fall zone deeper than 290 yards. So, depending on what you are shooting, your choices are 9-8-7 1/2 to be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
    Yes, why couldnt you, I used to know guys that used #12 they were handloaders tho, the only restriction I have ever seen is no Magnum loads.
    That small of shot would not have the energy to kill a mouse @12 yrds, much less break a clay.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post

That small of shot would not have the energy to kill a mouse @12 yrds, much less break a clay.
    Back in the late 70’s early 80’s, my dad had a membership at the Washtenaw Sportsmans Club there where A LOT of people useing #12, it was quite the craze back then. My dad bought a bag because of it. I honestly don't remember what happened to it.