Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

AK Side Rail Optic Mount/AK Master Mount

Wanted to give a shout out to AK Master Mount and recommendation for their product. I purchased one for my PSA AK47 GF3 because I saw the product on PSA's website and figured it would probably fit their rail if PSA was listing the product on the site. When I first tried to get it on it pretty loose, I torqued down the set screw on it and gave it a few taps but it wasn't moving much. I thought there may have been something wrong with the mount initially so I filled out a contact form on their website asking for assistance, the form said they'd get back to me within 5-7 days so I figured it'd be a minute.

I got an email back probably within 30-45 minutes asking to send some photos from various angles. After going back and forth via email, he asked me for a contact number and the owner/designer gave me a call (this was around 6-7pm or so at this point) and spent a good 20 minutes on the phone diagnosing the problem and sending photos back and forth. We finally concluded that the rear rivet on the side rail hadn't been properly flattened by PSA during install which was preventing the mount was clamping like it should have (sent the rifle back to PSA to fix that and the overly tight magwell and they took care of it without much issue).

Fast forward to after I get the rifle back, I emailed him back and said that the clamp on with the set screw had gotten some metal sheared off during initial install when I was trying to get it on initially and asked if I could buy another one from him. He just asked for an address and dropped one in the mail or day or 2 later.

I ran the mount in a weekend training class and had no issues with, would absolutely buy one again over a Midwest Industries mount and it comes pre-drilled for both picatinny or ACOG mount instead of one or the other. Very happy with the mount and very impressed with the customer service.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

good to know they have nice customer service, what do you like over the midwest mount ?

I was looking to add another side rail to my remaining red dot less saiga. I had a gen one 30mm mount for a vortex red dot around 2 years or 2.5 years its very sturdy so far but open to suggestions why you went another direction if you previously favored midwest.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    good to know they have nice customer service, what do you like over the midwest mount ?

I was looking to add another side rail to my remaining red dot less saiga. I had a gen one 30mm mount for a vortex red dot around 2 years or 2.5 years its very sturdy so far but open to suggestions why you went another direction if you previously favored midwest.
    Well, it was a bit cheaper if I recall for one. I also liked the option to be able to add a picatinny mounted optic or an ACOG if I wanted to without needing to choose one or the other or buying some sort of adapter separately. If I recall correctly, the Midwest mount has either the choice of an ACOG or a pic rail and if you want both, you need to buy the ACOG and an adapter to screw into the ACOG holes.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

Mine has been great, repeatable and robust. Little too tight at first but now is just right after slight adjustment.
    Got it on my plum Zhukov folder GF3.
    Can slip it on/off and consistently ring my 200yd steel
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The path to true knowledge is paved with wasted money" copyright postban forever!
    NRA Endowment Member, 2AF Life Member, GOA Patriot Member

I am a Forum User
    First time seeing this. Looks like a good solution for the Yugo M70ab1 and my old eyes.