Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    The former I am familiar with, the latter I am not...

I'm thinking more so of a situation in which you're taking a road trip for 4-5 hours, you get unlucky enough for your car to break down somewhere along the way in the middle of nowhere. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with an AR folder/PDW and a couple mags in a bag than my carry gun.
    No one will bother you walking down the road with a sling over your shoulder walking to town with a ak or ar15.

Its not the best value to have in your car. But i know what people blow cash on. This is not a ton of money, so i agree it has its place.

Why not.

Cops carry ar15 in the trunk, shotgun between the seats.

Wild stuff happens and a 6 shot 380 isnt always ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Siamese View Post
    So, there you are in the middle of nowhere, and suddenly a group of heavily armed assassins materialize out of the woods, intent on killing you and eating your brain. Okay, I'll grant you that in that situation, a foldable gun with a large capacity magazine will be handy.
    See if you can answer this. Knowing most cops their entire career never shoot a gun in action once, why would you even need a hand gun???

Hmm?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    See if you can answer this. Knowing most cops their entire career never shoot a gun in action once, why would you even need a hand gun???

Hmm?
    So, yeah, this. It appears to me the Siamese Squeeze is best with non-lethal defense. I’m sure he’d be intimidating enough with a super soaker or airsoft to take care of any threat he could possibly perceive.

There really are people who shouldn’t have access to weapons of any real consequence.

-Aveguy

Anybody (willing to admit) watch Trailer Park Boys? Siamese reminds me of Tommy Beans and the slingshot haha

Alternative question ... median shots fired in a shooting is less than 2. Why do they even make guns with mags larger than 4 or 5.

People carry two mags, a knife, train, maybe pepper spray etc depending on the situation. Its not crazy like he is making it out to be.

If you have a certain net worth or yearly income and no kids, you would be crazy not the have a p90, ar pistol, ak tantal etc in your vehicle.

I cannot think of a reason other than kids if you remove cost.

I am a Forum User
    You cannot admit you might even be wrong.

What you just said is not accurate or representative of the situation.

You won't answer a question.

You don't get to keep chirping back and not even attempt to answer my question.

I don't think you are up to the task of defending your stance so you say dumb things to deflect. Everyone sees through it. You lost. Your brain is all emotion. Myopic emotion. You cannot even fathom your hurried emotional response might be wrong.

He didn't go home, he was home! Reaching for a shotgun near the open door is nothing like you are suggesting.

No wonder you couldnt answer my question, you cannot even respond based in reality.

I feel sorry for people who have to deal with you in real life.
    Wrong about what? All I said was if I'm going to be held up, I want it to be by the guy the previous poster described. The stick-up guy was 10 to 15 feet away from his victim, pointing his gun at him. He allowed his intended victim, who was out of his truck, to turn around and reach for a shotgun that was "locked" and behind the driver's seat. He let his intended victim remove the long gun from the behind the seat, and presumably, unlock it, and use it to frighten him away. This is definitely the guy I would choose to try and hold me up. Sounds to me like he gives his victims every possible break.

In this example, given by the previous poster as justification for having heavier firepower on hand, there's no reason why a pistol wouldn't have had the same effect. And a pistol, typically, would be easier to access and deploy than a long gun.

The whole story didn't make any sense. Just sayin'.

I am a Forum User

Hmm?
    I guess, for some of the same reasons the cops need them. Protection, right? Probably never need it, but if you do need it and don't have it....

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveguy311 View Post
    Tell ya what, when I was driving around the city I live in(and work in) looking at the BLM destruction and ZERO police presence I felt a lot better with my PS90 SBR riding shotgun in a discreet little bag. 250 rounds of rifle ammunition from a shoulder fired platform felt a LOT more appropriate given my concern about being surrounded, pulled from my car, and potentially beaten or killed. BLM had already torched some cars in my city already.

If I have reason to believe that I need a gun for protection IÂ’d prefer to be prepared for whatever may come. Clearly you feel differently. You do you. If you are concerned about prison as an outcome of a self-defense shooting have you considered pepper spray? Also, there are some fierce looking airsoft rigs out there if pepper spray is too extreme.

YMMV.

-Aveguy
    Of course I'm concerned about prison. A large part of firearm training is about when to use your weapon and when not to. If you find yourself in the middle of a BLM mob, and you decide to empty a few magazines into the rioters, you'd better hope you can convince the jury that there was absolutely no other alternative. Such as driving away. In today's political climate, don't count on them giving you a break.

I don't have an unreasoned fear of prison as you suggest, but I do have a reasonable understanding of the laws regarding the use of a firearm, and I know if I don't follow them, prison is in my future.

Does it make any sense to carry enough firepower to protect yourself in any conceivable, highly unlikely situation, and then throw caution and good sense to the wind with regard to staying out of prison?

I'm a little lost on why you're recommending pepper spray to me. I carry a 9mm pistol. I'm going to assume you're a supporter of the second amendment, as am I, but I'm also a supporter of the first amendment. You seem to have a problem with it, because when you're confronted with a difference of opinion you give up on reasonably supporting your position, and resort to personal attacks and name calling.

If you refer to the OP's original post, he asked for OPINIONS on the viability of a particular weapon to be deployed from a vehicle. I gave him my opinion. Why is that a problem for you?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Siamese View Post
    Of course I'm concerned about prison. A large part of firearm training is about when to use your weapon and when not to. If you find yourself in the middle of a BLM mob, and you decide to empty a few magazines into the rioters, you'd better hope you can convince the jury that there was absolutely no other alternative. Such as driving away. In today's political climate, don't count on them giving you a break.

I don't have an unreasoned fear of prison as you suggest, but I do have a reasonable understanding of the laws regarding the use of a firearm, and I know if I don't follow them, prison is in my future.

Does it make any sense to carry enough firepower to protect yourself in any conceivable, highly unlikely situation, and then throw caution and good sense to the wind with regard to staying out of prison?

I'm a little lost on why you're recommending pepper spray to me. I carry a 9mm pistol. I'm going to assume you're a supporter of the second amendment, as am I, but I'm also a supporter of the first amendment. You seem to have a problem with it, because when you're confronted with a difference of opinion you give up on reasonably supporting your position, and resort to personal attacks and name calling.

If you refer to the OP's original post, he asked for OPINIONS on the viability of a particular weapon to be deployed from a vehicle. I gave him my opinion. Why is that a problem for you?

You do you, bro.

As far as my recommendation that you look at less-lethal, you know why I said that. Being considerate of potential name-calling accusations I’ll refer you to previous posts from other users who have voiced similar concern.

Good luck my friend.

-Aveguy

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Correct, only way to have a truck gun with interest outside a person with a cpl. is ar pistol platform. 350 legend or 300BO are popular

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Yep, cpl is needed and ar pistol platform would work.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast