Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Will a SBR fit in a backpack? Registered as a pistol or not w/an out of state cpl?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SADAacp View Post
    See: 750.234d
    I stand corrected.

Again.

I am a Forum User
    If we are talking a Bug Out gun to be carried in a back pack or a bag I would opt for a 10/22 Stainless take down. Maybe set it up with a binary trigger and definitely a folding stock. One of the reasons why is those little 22lr rounds could easily be carried in bulk at +3000 rounds plus a half dozen ready to rock n roll 25 round magazines.

I am a Forum User
    Or maybe one of these?

Quote Originally Posted by Puc View Post
    Are we talkin about a Bug Out platform here Castro or something to use while Back Packing while hunting?
    Thinking the latter more so, basically having the option to carry a platform larger than a typical handgun when carrying a small pocket pistol or IWB isn't great, such as when you're driving up north in the evening for several hours or cycling perhaps.

Not sure where the discussion about a CPL came from, and I know you didn't specifically mention it Puc, but yes, obviously if you're going to carry concealed in a vehicle or in a bag on your person, you need a CPL.

Were I to carry one, I'd personally likely choose some small, pistol caliber with a folding stock, i.e. AR-9 with a folding adapter, Scorpion, B&T APC9....etc. Or heck, maybe even an MPX if the prices ever return to normal.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    Thinking the latter more so, basically having the option to carry a platform larger than a typical handgun when carrying a small pocket pistol or IWB isn't great, such as when you're driving up north in the evening for several hours or cycling perhaps.

Not sure where the discussion about a CPL came from, and I know you didn't specifically mention it Puc, but yes, obviously if you're going to carry concealed in a vehicle or in a bag on your person, you need a CPL.
    That being the case I think I would opt for an AK platform cause they do not use a buffer tube,, folders are easy peasy to do. Also, that 7.62x39 is right there with a 30-30 in ballistics. Or,,, a Ruger Mini 30 or 14 if you wanted to stay 556,, toss on a folder.. LOTS if viable alternatives for sure..

Quote Originally Posted by HHollow View Post
    Or maybe one of these?

TAKE MY MONEY!!!

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by special reserve View Post
    Will a SBR fit in a backpack? Registered as a pistol or not w/an out of state cpl?
    That all depends on the size of the backpack and of the firearm. There are a number of packs out there designed to carry a firearm. This one will fit a 10.5” barreled AR15 pistol or SBR, and can deploy relatively quickly. It will also fit a 16” barreled AK folder.

There are others that are more like a typical backpack, but have slots and straps for short rifles, plus pouches for mags, etc. They also work well for carrying your gear, but you need to remove them to pull the firearm.

MGO Member
    Lucky Gunner did some youtubes and blogs on various backpack guns - I found it all interesting.
    https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/t...k-gun-project/
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

My setup is a KelTec SUB2000 in a Maxpedition sling bag. I haven't really carried it around in public, but after reading this thread it sounds like I might need to adjust some things if I do. Right now, the rifle is in the bag in folded ("taken-down") configuration, but I keep a loaded magazine inserted.

Since it's a rifle, I think I need to keep the loaded magazine separate from the gun. Is another compartment in the same bag acceptable? Is it even acceptable to carry a folded rifle in a backpack, without magazine inserted? This came up before on another thread, but not sure there was any consensus on legality.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast