Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by bjmusico View Post
    My setup is a KelTec SUB2000 in a Maxpedition sling bag. I haven't really carried it around in public, but after reading this thread it sounds like I might need to adjust some things if I do. Right now, the rifle is in the bag in folded ("taken-down") configuration, but I keep a loaded magazine inserted.

Since it's a rifle, I think I need to keep the loaded magazine separate from the gun. Is another compartment in the same bag acceptable? Is it even acceptable to carry a folded rifle in a backpack, without magazine inserted? This came up before on another thread, but not sure there was any consensus on legality.
    Yes, loaded mag may be carried in the came bag as the rifle.
    No round in the chamber, mag NOT inserted.

Thanks Leader! I don't really plan on carrying this much, but I do take it to the range in the backpack. SUB2000 takes the same mags as my "beater" carry Beretta 96, so a good carry combo if I ever have a reason. I guess it's a nice option if I'm on a hike somewhere more "wild" than Michigan (but would need to check other state's laws on rifle carry).

I am a Forum User
    Nice. I like it

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettJ View Post
    That all depends on the size of the backpack and of the firearm. There are a number of packs out there designed to carry a firearm. This one will fit a 10.5” barreled AR15 pistol or SBR, and can deploy relatively quickly. It will also fit a 16” barreled AK folder.

There are others that are more like a typical backpack, but have slots and straps for short rifles, plus pouches for mags, etc. They also work well for carrying your gear, but you need to remove them to pull the firearm.

I am a Forum User
    When BLM was burning their way across the country this last summer my PS90 SBR rode with me everywhere in a small backpack. Loaded with 50 rounds and four loaded mags additionally. I felt a lot better than with just my EDC loadout.

-Aveguy

I am a Forum User
    What backpack is this?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettJ View Post
    That all depends on the size of the backpack and of the firearm. There are a number of packs out there designed to carry a firearm. This one will fit a 10.5” barreled AR15 pistol or SBR, and can deploy relatively quickly. It will also fit a 16” barreled AK folder.

There are others that are more like a typical backpack, but have slots and straps for short rifles, plus pouches for mags, etc. They also work well for carrying your gear, but you need to remove them to pull the firearm.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinJoe View Post
    What backpack is this?

Joe
    This one

https://www.511tactical.com/se-en/se...ling-pack.html

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator esq_stu's Avatar
    Camelbak (without the water bladder) is perfect for my Sub2000.
    Name:  camelbak.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  17.1 KB
    All the best,

--esq_stu
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home

The above comments are not intended to be and do not constitute legal advice to anyone.

I am a Forum User
    You want a backpack gun that can be easily deployed from a vehicle? So, wrestle it out of the pack, lower the window, and spray a few rounds?

I don't see any real world application for this concept for anyone who is interested staying out of prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Siamese View Post
    You want a backpack gun that can be easily deployed from a vehicle? So, wrestle it out of the pack, lower the window, and spray a few rounds?

I don't see any real world application for this concept for anyone who is interested staying out of prison.
    Who said anything about lowering a window? If I'm in a situation where I have to use my firearm from my vehicle, I'm not going to ask whoever is pounding on my window with a baseball bat to stop for a second so I can lower it.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

MGO Member
    I built a backpack AR pistol for similar reasons. Throw a law folding stock adapter on the back, and a dolos barrel detach kit for the front.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast