Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveguy311 View Post
    You do you, bro.

As far as my recommendation that you look at less-lethal, you know why I said that. Being considerate of potential name-calling accusations I’ll refer you to previous posts from other users who have voiced similar concern.

Good luck my friend.

-Aveguy
    No, I don't know why, and would be surprised if you do.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    The former I am familiar with, the latter I am not...

I'm thinking more so of a situation in which you're taking a road trip for 4-5 hours, you get unlucky enough for your car to break down somewhere along the way in the middle of nowhere. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with an AR folder/PDW and a couple mags in a bag than my carry gun.
    the Dolos kit is a "quick detach" barrel collar. mounts on the upper, and then you basically insert the barrel/upper/gas assembly, turn it and let it lock in place.

It opens the options for vehicle concealment. When I had my silverado, it allowed me to store the entire kit in the front floor storage area under the middle seat section.

If you have a backpack, yes it adds extra "time" to assembling it, but it also allows for more concealment than just folding the buttstock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkmw...aryArmsChannel

MGO Member
    FWIW, optics of a situation matter a lot.

I know first hand of people caught in "mostly peaceful protests" that were dragged out of their car. People forget that a gun is an excellent crime deterrent, and an AR pistol will likely serve as a bigger visual aid in that situation.

bigger the gun = less likely to have someone decide to "test" you.

Quote Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
    FWIW, optics of a situation matter a lot.

I know first hand of people caught in "mostly peaceful protests" that were dragged out of their car. People forget that a gun is an excellent crime deterrent, and an AR pistol will likely serve as a bigger visual aid in that situation.

bigger the gun = less likely to have someone decide to "test" you.
    Theres something to be said about 1-2 guys with a rifle on a sling, compared to a gun in a hip holster. It serms so much more real. Almost like a rifle on a sling on your chest seems 7/8 like a handgun pointed at you if its a sketchy situation.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Theres something to be said about 1-2 guys with a rifle on a sling, compared to a gun in a hip holster. It serms so much more real. Almost like a rifle on a sling on your chest seems 7/8 like a handgun pointed at you if its a sketchy situation.
    Agreed 100%. I’ve really only felt compelled to “step up” my EDC game once (during last summer’s “peaceful” rioting, as I live near Lansing and work downtown) but I was glad to have my PS90 SBR in a bag when out and about. If I’m surrounded by an angry crowd or whatever I don’t want equivalent force, I want overwhelming force. So much the better for all involved if that helps prove that it ain’t worth it.

-Aveguy

MGO Member
    I dont think the majority of people running an AR pistol are deploying a sling with it. If its a "backpack" gun to begin with, its kinda redundant. You're not going on patrol with it.

Also, FWIW, I took intro carbine from MDFI last weekend, and the people who struggled significantly with accuracy (iron sights) were both shooting AR pistols. Like anything else, it is a tool. If you dont practice shooting with it, it may become a liability if you ever need it.

Quote Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
    I dont think the majority of people running an AR pistol are deploying a sling with it. If its a "backpack" gun to begin with, its kinda redundant. You're not going on patrol with it.

Also, FWIW, I took intro carbine from MDFI last weekend, and the people who struggled significantly with accuracy (iron sights) were both shooting AR pistols. Like anything else, it is a tool. If you dont practice shooting with it, it may become a liability if you ever need it.
    Op specified 9mm or 5.56 folder. Not a pistol.

I agree an AR pistol in the cabin pulled out of the center consul is more ominous, but I think if you pull anything 380 or 9mm or larger out and it's clear as day you have a gun ....everyone with out a gun scatters.

I was suggesting from riots I saw stores with two guys on the roof, two guys out front, all geared up, AR or ak on slings, no one gave them a look. It was clear they were not going to let someone mess with their store, but also not hassle people for burning the 7-11 across the street.

Just a rifle in a sling, is like a 9mm pointed at you.

I am a Forum User
    Don't say "a rifle in a sling is like a 9mm pointed at you" in front of the Wayne County prosecutor.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUSpartan99 View Post
    Don't say "a rifle in a sling is like a 9mm pointed at you" in front of the Wayne County prosecutor.
    To the guy in the riot observing guys who look geared up and might be vets or contractors. Speaking psychologically. That's it. It's more real.

I am a Forum User
    To the guy in the riot observing guys who look geared up and might be vets or contractors. Speaking psychologically. That's it. It's more real.
    I was being facetious.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast