Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    C-More Railway Sights:

A lot of people inquire about C-More railway sights seeing how they are so popular with the shoot and scoot crowd. the ipsic and idpa guys. The C-More's are beautiful sights that work great for that discipline but their accuracy of adjustments and precision just do not work on the Precision Pistol line. another down side is that their center of scope zero is too high above the center of bore such that you need to adjust them between the 50 foot line and the 25 yard line, and even more so went you go to the 50 yard line. awesome scopes for the competitions they were designed for but really do not work good for the bullseye shooter.

I am a Forum User
    Personally, on my main competition gun, I use a Trijicon SRO 5 MOA dot sight. I like the bigger dot size and the dot quality or "purity" allows me to maximize my score. I like the smaller frame that is less cluttered on the sight picture and with my experience, hold the gun such that I see the dot during timed and rapid fire. It is an expensive sight and the adjustments are not as repeatable as a aimpoint or ultra dot but I find myself on the 50 yard line so infrequently that that is not a issue for me.

I am a Forum User
    30 mm tube vs 1 inch tube (25.4 mm).

Most newbies prefer the 30 mm larger size tube size to allow them to acquire the dot during timed and rapid. Most experienced shooters graduate to the 1 inch tubes as their ability improves and they prefer the 1 inch tube sight picture which frames the bull and the dot almost perfectly.

I am a Forum User
    Hope I answered many of your questions and if I can assist you further in any way, shoot me a pm.

Regards,
    Crankster

MGO Member
    Cranky, Thanks for taking the time to go over all of that! I am using a Trijicon RMR 3.25 MOA dot, and the size seems pretty good. I would like to try a tube style before changing over. I am going to look at some of the examples you cited. We shoot at 50' at OCSC, and that distance only. One thing for sure, this discipline of shooting is very humbling. Thanks again for all the information!!

I am a Forum User
    Hey one ton:

While I am a bit busy right now, if you ever want to meet and try out some of my pistols with the various red dots, shoot me a pm. I have helped quite a number of new shooters with red dot selections.

Regards,
    Crankster

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crankythunder View Post
    Hey one ton:

While I am a bit busy right now, if you ever want to meet and try out some of my pistols with the various red dots, shoot me a pm. I have helped quite a number of new shooters with red dot selections.

Regards,
    Crankster
    I just might take you up on that. Again, really appreciated!

Hey one ton:

Regards,
    Crankster

Thanks for the write up Crankster! Green stamps on the way.

I am a Forum User
    Hey One ton:

When I get back home saturday, I will see if I can find that spare Match Dot Ultra Dot II that I loan out to newbies. While I am in the middle of a move, I am pretty sure it is down in the laundry room but I will check. If I can find it you are welcome to borrow it for a couple weeks to get the feel of the tube sight.

Regards,
    Crankster

MGO Member
    Hey One ton:

When I get back home saturday, I will see if I can find that spare Match Dot Ultra Dot II that I loan out to newbies. While I am in the middle of a move, I am pretty sure it is down in the laundry room but I will check. If I can find it you are welcome to borrow it for a couple weeks to get the feel of the tube sight.

Regards,
    Crankster
    Very kind and most helpful Cranky! Let me know, I would be interested.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast