Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a Forum User
    Hey One Ton:

Checked the laundry room, no spare red dot. Headed to the storage locker tomorrow (at least planned). See if I can find it and will let you know.

Crankster

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crankythunder View Post
    Hey One Ton:

Checked the laundry room, no spare red dot. Headed to the storage locker tomorrow (at least planned). See if I can find it and will let you know.

Crankster
    Thanks Crankster

GREAT information in this thread!

My wife and I have been shooting Precision Pistol matches at Howell Gun Club, and both switched from iron sights to red dot tube optics last year.

We're using these inexpensive Simmons 1x24mm red dot tubes with quite good success;
    https://www.natchezss.com/simmons-1x...tte-black.html

My favorite aspect of these is that not only is the dot intensity adjustable, but the dot size can also be set at 3,5,8 or 10 MOA.

I've settled on 5MOA and the Intensity at 4 (of 11), which works well with my astigmatism

Hope that helps!
    NRA Life Member + RSO
    OCSC Member (full)
    HGC Member (associate)

Some good suggestions. If you by chance wear glasses or contacts and have astigmatism get a prism ted dot.

I grabbed a vortex and primary arms which are fine at low brightness, medium turns one dot to three dots, cranked up all the way it turns more like 5 ugly dots.

Im still keeping them. Just wish i knew a couple years ago.

I am a Forum User
    one ton, check your inbox

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Some good suggestions. If you by chance wear glasses or contacts and have astigmatism get a prism ted dot.

I grabbed a vortex and primary arms which are fine at low brightness, medium turns one dot to three dots, cranked up all the way it turns more like 5 ugly dots.

Im still keeping them. Just wish i knew a couple years ago.

Can you expand on this a bit?
    I bought a Vortex razor reflex that looked good in the store at low/ med intensity but get it cranked up out side in bright sun and it goes from your three dots to 1/2 dozen with a starburst around the bunch. It’s annoying as...well you know. I talked to my ophthalmologist and was told proper glasses should correct my stigmatism, but no go. He then told me it was likely my cataract but wasn’t sure. He is not a shooter BTW and had no idea what a reflex sight was when I started talking to him about this.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    Can you expand on this a bit?
    I bought a Vortex razor reflex that looked good in the store at low/ med intensity but get it cranked up out side in bright sun and it goes from your three dots to 1/2 dozen with a starburst around the bunch. It’s annoying as...well you know. I talked to my ophthalmologist and was told proper glasses should correct my stigmatism, but no go. He then told me it was likely my cataract but wasn’t sure. He is not a shooter BTW and had no idea what a reflex sight was when I started talking to him about this.
    I am not really able to explain the science behind it, its some sort of radius reflection math related to the lens of the red dot reflector and your eye.

I just know if you have astigmatism, and you get a prism red dot, this is what a regular red dot looks like to someone with better not afflicted eyes.

I do not have cataracts, just regular barely need glasses, light prescription, stayed almost the same for 20 years. I only need them for long distances, I do not need glasses up close, otherwise healthy eyes, so I am not sure its your cataracts, if you have diagnosed astigmatism that is for sure the reason.

I am a Forum User
    Hey One Ton:

Going to need a complete address to send it to you. Need the city and zip please. Send me another PM

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crankythunder View Post
    Hey One Ton:

Going to need a complete address to send it to you. Need the city and zip please. Send me another PM
    PM Sent, Thanks!

I am a Forum User
    Red dot in mail, they said you will have it monday but do not be surprised if it shows up Saturday. Hope to see you on the line shortly.

10's and X's to ya!

Crankster

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123