Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Building an AR-15

So, I've assembled a couple in the past but decided to customize/personalize this one. I'm using Duracoat in their heavy metal "Bronze". Don't laugh at my proper armorers tools. Successfully removing the gorilla tight barrel nut with no harm to the upper receiver was a success. I did need a little heat. Here's a few pics of progress so far. I'll post a finished rifle next week. I'm waiting on an Airborne stencil to paint my magazine.
    20210225_101945.jpg
    20210225_103225.jpg
    Screenshot_20210226-111738_Gallery.jpg
    20210226_132443.jpg
    20210226_144831.jpg
    20210226_153406.jpg
    Last edited by Lobi; 02-27-2021 at 11:22 AM.

MGO Member
    Everything looks great so far.

Thank you model12.
    I gingerly installed springs and detents for safety, front and rear takedown pins, mag release and assembled the stock. Can't do the rest for a few days because hammering in roll pins would be destructive.

Wives love this.. (made her promise not to shower tonight)

20210226_173709.jpg
    Last edited by Lobi; 02-26-2021 at 05:57 PM.

Looks good Lobi, Took apart my sons bear creek sidebcharger that looks like that because the barrel nut loosened up after the first magazine. He's looking at painting his with gunkote.

I am a Forum User
    Eliminate roll pins by using the Aero M4E1 lower next time.

Looks good!

Thanks Scoop and Moleman.
    Popped her together this morning. If I was to do it again I'd skip painting the stock. If it bugs me enough I'll swap it out. Put on a 3x that was in the shelf. Waiting on offset iron sights and extended bolt catch release. Never used one, have to try it and see if I like it.
    20210227_105701.jpg
    I spent most of my life hunting and fishing, the rest I just wasted.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Love the Duracoat job. Should protect the piece pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobi View Post
    Thanks Scoop and Moleman.
    Popped her together this morning. If I was to do it again I'd skip painting the stock. If it bugs me enough I'll swap it out. Put on a 3x that was in the shelf. Waiting on offset iron sights and extended bolt catch release. Never used one, have to try it and see if I like it.
    20210227_105701.jpg
    Cool build, What sights? and Bolt catch? I'm now using Battle arms development EBC on all my rifles and AR pistol.
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

Quote Originally Posted by XDM 40 cal View Post
    Cool build, What sights? and Bolt catch? I'm now using Battle arms development EBC on all my rifles and AR pistol.
    I meant a BAD lever for bolt catch. I like the idea, but have never tried, of sending the bolt home with trigger finger. Don't remember what sights I ordered. Just basic flip down 45 degree offset top pick mounted stuff.
    I spent most of my life hunting and fishing, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobi View Post
    I meant a BAD lever for bolt catch. I like the idea, but have never tried, of sending the bolt home with the trigger finger. Don't remember what sights I ordered. Just basic flip down 45 degree offset top pick mounted stuff.
    AH, sold all my BAD, why well in carbine class they get in the way. Also, you want one thing for your trigger finger to do. Unless you rifle is going to be for long distance shooting, then what ever works. Have fun with your build.
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast