Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Silent

MGO Member

Ruger Silent

Getting ready to spend my money on a Ruger Silent and hope it's a good choice. Is this still a safe time to send the government $200 and hope to own a can?

MGO Member
    I doubt that very few things are "safe" going forward.

I am a Forum User
    Dead Air Mask is a much much much better choice.

MGO Member
    All the reviews I read said the silent was the way to go.
    Ever since everyone has said I should of bought the mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledhead View Post
    All the reviews I read said the silent was the way to go.
    Ever since everyone has said I should of bought the mask.
    Buyers Remorse is always a pain. I look at it this way > you like your Ruger Silent -- if so who cares what others think. I have a Dead Air mask -- love it. Never used a Ruger so I don't have an opinion. Coctailer here on MGO was my dealer, he recommend the Dead Air - I have not regretted it. Ruger is slightly cheaper ... not sure that makes a difference - the OP is already laying stamp money, etc... difference about 80$ though. Dead Air in stock @ Silencershop, Ruger isn't so that would make my choice. Coctailer is a great dealer too, he's only 20 or so miles away and has a kiosk. Made it so convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by buckey View Post
    Getting ready to spend my money on a Ruger Silent and hope it's a good choice. Is this still a safe time to send the government $200 and hope to own a can?
    I would like to think Gov would refund your money, but I wouldn't hold my breath, but the Vendor should if the option goes away. Personally I don't think these will change, if anything ATF tax stamp will get added to more stuff not stopped. They just want it to be elites who can afford firearms - they only give lip service to fairness.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkc451 View Post
    Buyers Remorse is always a pain. I look at it this way > you like your Ruger Silent -- if so who cares what others think. I have a Dead Air mask -- love it. Never used a Ruger so I don't have an opinion. Coctailer here on MGO was my dealer, he recommend the Dead Air - I have not regretted it. Ruger is slightly cheaper ... not sure that makes a difference - the OP is already laying stamp money, etc... difference about 80$ though. Dead Air in stock @ Silencershop, Ruger isn't so that would make my choice. Coctailer is a great dealer too, he's only 20 or so miles away and has a kiosk. Made it so convenient.
    Yeah. It's my own fault. I should of did a little more research.

But to resolve my issuse, I'll just buy the Mask as well.

I am a Forum User
    The ATF is working on electronic form 4s. The NFA isn't going away, if anything legislation would add items to it. There aren't enough votes in the senate though. Most gun control bills will die in the House as they normally do. Typically the most radical legislation seems to be submitted when there's no chance it will fully pass. It's all pandering for votes and the ability to point the finger at the other guy for blame.

MGO Member
    What will the electronic form 4s do?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by buckey View Post
    What will the electronic form 4s do?
    Speed up the wait for approved tax stamps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast