Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Questions on compensator- Hellcat RDP

Hey everybody. So I am a very happy Springfield Hellcat owner. Love the platform as does my wife... We have one hellcat with about 2000 rounds through it and no issues. Also have a P365 so we are equal opportunity but we both shoot the hellcat a little better. Hellcat is our house/nightstand gun, I carry p365 sometimes. She just got her CPL and is considering carrying the hellcat.

So, the new Hellcat RDP has us intrigued... Maybe she carries our current non OSP hellcat and get the RDP as the new nightstand gun.
    http://https://www.springfield-armory.com/hellcat-series-handguns/hellcat-rdp-micro-compact-handguns/

There is a link to the RDP. Big question is the compensator... Have never used one or fired a pistol with one. Here are my questions:

1) Legality in michigan in a true pistol? Didn't have luck with search function aside from some AR comments. let me know if I need to repost in Legal

2) what does this do to the sound? May be the "bump in the night" indoor gun and don't want to incapacitate ourselves with louder bangs...

3) honestly, I foresee me likely taking compensator off but am intrigued in having a threaded barrel in case I ever wanted to get a stamp for suppressor, etc. Also, we don't do any competition but if that changes, maybe compensator comes into play? Both of us feel recoil is more than manageable in this subcompact 9mm

Thanks in advance.

MGO Member
    My buddy has a Sig P365 and added an aftermarket extended barrel and compensator. I have shot it both before and after, and I can say I do not feel any difference with the compensator. To me it adds no value at all, and just makes the barrel longer, working against concealment. Shot at an indoor range with foam earplugs and earmuffs, so I can't comment on the sound difference.