Wife and I were out working on sighting in a scope on her rifle today. Everything was going fine until we got to her third mag of the day.

She got a fail to eject, my initial thought was a bad round, so after a moment had her pull the bolt back and a spent round popped out. We safed the rifle, ejected the magazine and collected the round that fed in when the spent round popped out.

She noticed a screw(!) had dropped onto the bench, after some brief looking, we found a small plate on the left of the receiver where it looked like the screw goes. Put it back in (had a tool kit along,) but we both opted to call it a day with her rifle. Once we got home, checked the manual for the rifle and there's no indication there what it might be. Did some searching and it sounds like the plate holds in the ejector/ejector spring and the screw is there to hold the plate in.

So, she's going to reach out to Savage, my question is, can we use a dab of Loctite Blue on the screw to keep it from backing out in the future? There's been no work done to the rifle (other than attaching a rail section using the pre-drilled and tapped screw holes on the barrel,) I'd not even noticed this small plate before today...

(Photos of the area in question can be provided, although we didn't take any at the range)