Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Recommend a Gunsmith

I'm looking for a gunsmith to thread the barrel on my Marlin 1894C in 357 Magnum for a suppressor. The job may also include cutting back the magazine tube about 3/8", and cutting off part of the front sight base forward of the dovetail, though I may just do that part myself. I'm located in Jackson but am willing to drive an hour or two for a smith who will do a nice-looking job, as I want to keep the rifle looking as original and unmodified as possible.

Any recommendations?
    Last edited by Scandiacus; 03-02-2021 at 11:27 AM.

MGO Member
    ADCO in Sylvania, Ohio may do this work. They definitely will thread barrels. Maybe just a tad more than an hour of driving from Jackson but they do good work.

MGO Member
    I've been using eastTXhunter on AR15.com.
    Good work, timing, and price.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipmen...s/143-1029861/

MGO Member
    I have had a barrel threaded by Adco on my personal Remington 700 and they threaded several barrels on my department's guns (excellent work, done right the first time.) I also had two involved projects done by Jim Pixley (Jp Grips & Machine in Minnesota 218-329-2187.) He shortened the barrel, recrowned, moved the front sight, threaded, and machined/installed a thread protector on a Ruger 77/357 and 10/22 takedown I have. Pixley's work is outstanding.

I always hear people say Doug jones is the best. I think magaport will do what you want as well.

MGO Member
    I used Pierce Precision to thread my TC Encore barrel just a few months ago. Priced reasonable, fast turn around, fantastic quality of work. Nice people to work with.
    I will use them again for a few more projects in the future.
    Send them an email with a description of work to be done.

One item, if you use them, be sure to bring the suppressor or at least the mounting attachment, they need that prior to starting any work to ensure everything is aligned and done correctly after the threading is done.

https://pierceengineeringltd.com/

I'd talk to ADCO as well, had them remove a previously pinned muzzle device, cleanup threads and repin a new one. Pretty sure he had it done and back out the door within 24 hours of it showing up.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com