Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Safety glasses over your regular prescription glasses

I have been looking thru old posts regarding prescription safety glasses.

Does anyone use safety glasses over your regular prescription glasses like the ones offered from safetyglassesusa.com

If so do, do you find them comfortable?

I will also be having cataract surgery later this year, so do not want to spend $$$’s on prescription safety glasses until after surgery and new eye exam.

Thanks

When I get glasses I make sure that it's equal to safety glass, sometimes I pay extra sometimes I don't need to.

Account Closed Forum User
    Safety glasses over prescription glass suck! Prescription safety glass are fairly cheap around a 100 bucks.

I am a Forum User
    I needed a set to meet the 'eyes' requirement at local range and the steel challenge shoots I've been going to. I ordered these from Amazon and have used them for 2 matches now - they work well - fit over my prescription glasses fine, have been comfortable under my ear pro as well.

MGO Member
    I got a pair of prescription safety glasses for like $38 from zenni optical.

These are what I got. They aren't pretty but work. They also have a few other styles.
    https://www.zennioptical.com/p/presc...9?skuId=743923
    Last edited by wizzi01; 03-02-2021 at 12:48 AM.

I just ordered a pair of Oakley Ballistic Shocktubes. Easily interchangeable lenses, and they are offered in prescription. Not cheap, but at least they give you the option to swap lenses quickly for different environments. Not to mention less cumbersome than doubling up, and work well with ear-pro.

Eyes and ears are two things I don’t cheap out on though.

MGO Member
    What lenses are you getting with the surgery? I had to get either far or near lenses, couldn't get the multifocal. Ended up using 1 reading glasses with safety over top. Seems to work ok.

MGO Member
    Back when I worked in a warehouse a friend who had glasses just purchased glasses that meet the standards. He had some type of oakley and another pair that I can't recall. Granted the odds of taking something off the glasses at our warehouse were very, very low (don't know if it ever happened). So if you have a more physical or higher chance you may not want to risk scratching a nice pair of glasses.
    Patriot Wholesale Direct LLC - FFL Dealer
    40 Engelwood Dr Ste A Lake Orion, MI (M-F 10am-5pm) - PWDGuns.com - ( 248 ) 481-7083
    $20 FFL Transfer - Guns@PatriotWholesaleDirect.com - Contact us for a quote on a new gun!
    Glock Stocking Dealer & Glock Blue Label Dealer • $20 Transfer Fee

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by wizzi01 View Post
    I got a pair of prescription safety glasses for like $38 from zenni optical.

These are what I got. They aren't pretty but work. They also have a few other styles.
    https://www.zennioptical.com/p/presc...9?skuId=743923
    Those are not Z87 safety glasses. not sure what the protection level is. For safety glasses I always make sure its Z-87 with side shields. ( a requirement in most manufacturing facilities)
    Like and follow MGO on FaceBook
    https://www.facebook.com/migunowners.org

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matt11 View Post
    Those are not Z87 safety glasses. not sure what the protection level is. For safety glasses I always make sure its Z-87 with side shields. ( a requirement in most manufacturing facilities)
    So, go look at their z87 glasses. https://www.zennioptical.com/b/safety-glasses

I do not need z87 glasses since I am out of the working life.

Also, I have never been asked once if my safety glasses were z87(they were) in all the facilities I have ever been in in 14 years of industrial and municipal cleaning.
    Last edited by wizzi01; 03-02-2021 at 04:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast