Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Random - Source For Gun Boxes?

Hi All,

Wasn't sure the best location to put this. I have a couple guns that I am going to be shipping to places to have various work and customization done. One will be the complete gun while the other is just the barrel and action.

Both of these guns were purchased used so I do not have the original boxes.

Does anyone have any recommendations for getting boxes to utilize to ship these? I have asked a couple places I thought might have them without luck. Was going to stop into a Pak Mail later and see if they build boxes to specified sizes. I would rather not have them do the packing of it.

Thank you for any input.

Probably a gun store or local FFL.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

I am a Forum User
    This is where I tried so far without any success.

I am a Forum User
    something you might try.. I did & it seems to work is, make you own box. Using cardboard on hand or sourced from anywhere.. I've even taken a too large box, trimmed it & retaped it together.
    recently used a curtain rod box (fairly long , could've easily held a rifle).. A Key for success is using some strong & wide packing tape, to hold
    the cardboard together, & closed. Use bubble wrap, foam peanuts, or rags to pad necessary items..even wadded up newspaper can be used as packing.

Many firearms purchasers will save their firearm boxes, for resale or their own potential shipping needs.

I've ordered gun boxes (rifle and pistol) from Brownell's in the past.

You can also order a pack of them from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=rifle+shi...l_6mztv921lr_e

Any UPS shipping center should have an appropriate sized box.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I sold a bunch of long guns on Broker about 8 years ago. To ship them, I ended up buying the cheapest locking plastic gun case that Amazon had to offer. It worked out well too because the cases ship in a snug fitting cardboard box, which I reused every time to ship long guns.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the info guys!

MGO Member
    I have a bunch ready for the burn if your close

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SuedePflow View Post
    I sold a bunch of long guns on Broker about 8 years ago. To ship them, I ended up buying the cheapest locking plastic gun case that Amazon had to offer. It worked out well too because the cases ship in a snug fitting cardboard box, which I reused every time to ship long guns.
    this is the best way. protects your rifle and you dont have to stuff a bunch of packing material around the rifle .

I am a Forum User
    I bought a couple dozen lockable gun cases from Walmart a few years ago for $8 each. I have used them for many purposes including shipping/transporting on flights ect. I am almost sure Wally world still sells them.. Worth checking in my opinion..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast