Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Tactile wood finish for stock?

Redoing a shotgun stock. There is checkering there already, but is there a rubberized finish/product that will stick to the wood to make those checkered sections more grippy? Don't need very much. Thanks. Does not need to be clear, but it needs to adhere to the wood.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Interesting thought, no idea myself but I’m curious to see what you may find.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I am a Forum User
    Paint on bed liner would get the job done, just make sure the surface is well prepped. Plastidip would also work, but would not last as long as it doesn't have the greatest adhesion.

Ive a synthetic stock that was “checkered” by mixing used bead blast compound in with a epoxy type paint and applied were wanted. Sand would work just as well IMHO. The texture is fairly aggressive and looks like stippling until you get close.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Throwing out another option; consider burning in a new, more aggressive wood texture. The iron kits are $15-35 on Amazon and it's very easy to do.

Small brush and your finish coat applied to the checkering. Tape off the area before applying then add some fine silica sand. Let dry and blow off excess and remove tape.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

there are extra sticky textured sticker pads for this reason.

vid 1

amazon link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e7ea5359ad2318

vid 2

I am a Forum User
    Talon Grips sells the material for DIY jobs.

https://talongungrips.com/other-grips/diy-material/

I've had their grip tape on my carry gun for probably 6 or 7 years and it still looks like it did the day I put it on.

Okay, so I hit Home Depot today to pick up my colors for the stock. While looking around I came to the conclusion that I want to test spray a thin coat of clear Flex Seal over the checkered areas. I put the one I had carried to the register down and will plan/try to get it cheaper at WalMart, but that is my plan at the moment. I don't think tape (I looked at a couple brands at HD) will work well with the checkered areas. So I will experiment with some paint work (ATAC FG) and then move on from there. It's an SBS, so I am still forming the cut-down stock. If you have experience with spray Flex Seal, let me know.