Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Member
    Are Glock refurbs common?

I had my Gen 3 20C factory refurbed a few years ago. I sent it in for a warranty claim, and they gave it the full deal free of charge. All new parts (everything except the frame, slide, and barrel), new sights, new springs, re finish of the slide and barrel. Came back looking factory new. I didn’t even ask for the treatment, they just did it no questions asked and free of charge. I’d have no problem buying a factory refurb from them.

Warranty claim was over a “cracked” frame. The frame was not cracked, the mold used for that series of frames had an imperfection that made the casting look like it was cracked. They had the mold on hand in Austria after all these years. Even though the frame was perfectly sound, they offered to either locate or manufacture me a new frame in Austria. As that would have taken months, I told them to just send the gun back since they claimed it was fine. They did the refurb as a courtesy since I had to pay for shipping to get it to them. They said if anytime in the future I change my mind about having the frame replaced, they’d still honor it or replace the pistol with a new one. If it were a standard model 20, I would have taken them up on the offer for a new Gen 4, but being it’s a 20C that’s no longer made, I opted to retain it.

MGO Member
    I can tell you as a Glock dealer that rufurbs are going to become a little more common as they're starting to focus more on them while demand is high and the supply is low on new.

I would have no problem what so ever using a refurb as usually there was something very minor or was a warranty/repaired. Glock does have very high standard for firearms coming of the line.

I'm a little shocked they charge more for the USA as it's the same dealer price but I know some do that.
    Patriot Wholesale Direct LLC - FFL Dealer
    40 Engelwood Dr Ste A Lake Orion, MI (M-F 10am-5pm) - PWDGuns.com - ( 248 ) 481-7083
    $20 FFL Transfer - Guns@PatriotWholesaleDirect.com - Contact us for a quote on a new gun!
    Glock Stocking Dealer & Glock Blue Label Dealer • $20 Transfer Fee

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotWholesale View Post
    I can tell you as a Glock dealer that rufurbs are going to become a little more common as they're starting to focus more on them while demand is high and the supply is low on new.

I would have no problem what so ever using a refurb as usually there was something very minor or was a warranty/repaired. Glock does have very high standard for firearms coming of the line.

I'm a little shocked they charge more for the USA as it's the same dealer price but I know some do that.
    I thought charging more for the USA was strange as well. Shot the refurbished 43x tonight and no issues and good as new. I would buy again for sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12