Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Help with optic for AR-9

I understand the basic difference between blow-back and gas operated. My 9mm (foxtrotmike) has blown up two optics. The heavy bolt and stout buffer spring make for quite a jarring return to battery. I assume this is what the cheap optics are dying over. I had an old (really cheap) tru-glow red dot that died after only a few shots. Replaced it with inexpensive ADE reflex that I thought would handle the task. Nope, 20 shots and dead.

Trying to not break the bank but need something that won't be killed from the 9mm pistol. Thoughts? Are my assumptions close? Ideas for optic? Here's the second optic I tried,
    Name:  Screenshot_20210306-124503_Chrome.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  70.8 KB
    I spent most of my life hunting and fishing, the rest I just wasted.

MGO Member
    Try a Sig Romeo 5 or holosun HS403. If you don't have an astigmatism.
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by hendo View Post
    Try a Sig Romeo 5 or holosun HS403. If you don't have an astigmatism.
    I have these in stock. Much better option than very cheap no name optics.

for twice as much out the gate you get a much better optic with holosun, primary arms, sig, vortex. Some of the models have a lifetime warranty. Twice the money gets you better performance many times over and if you can break it in 5 years new one. These 80 sights are two years then the trash. Bad value.

Strange, it's working again fine today. Didn't try it under test firing conditions but it lights up and works thru all functions.
    I knew I'd get beat up over price but I still think the Ade is a decent product. Have a different one on another gun that's been great.

Edit to add: possibly it got too cold? Coming out of warm truck it worked. By the time I turned it on it was probably same as outside temp, about 32 degrees. Worked for first dozen shots or so however.
    Last edited by Lobi; 03-06-2021 at 08:45 PM.
    I spent most of my life hunting and fishing, the rest I just wasted.

I put a vortex spitfire on mine, little expensive but seems bulletproof. Should hold up well being a prism sight. They also have great warranty service. They sent me replacements for stuff I broke.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Galeforcerm View Post
    I put a vortex spitfire on mine, little expensive but seems bulletproof. Should hold up well being a prism sight. They also have great warranty service. They sent me replacements for stuff I broke.
    I second the Vortex Spitfire. I have one on a 5.56 AR and one on a PCC AR9. they hold up well. And should you have a problem, Vortex is known for their no BS warranty. In fact the first Spitfire I bought as used. It had no mounting screw or lens covers. I called Vortex on Monday and had the parts on Thursday. The circle - Dot gives the best of both fast (circle) and precise - dot. BTW, I prefer the older models that have a knob for the biughtbrss / color steering, as opposed to the push buttons of the newer models.