Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Better solution would be to eliminate CPL's altogether.

Use the 2nd amendment as your license.
    MI_XD
    SW Michigan
    ----Hey Joe and A Camal----Oh, and now Stretchy Gretchey
    ---- What part of "Shall Not Be Infringed" do you not Understand?"
    -----

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    The less agencies involved with the CPL process, the better. I can see Benson purposely slowing the CPL process if it involved the SoS. Also, many have objected to a CPL endorsement on your DL since every time you show your DL for ID, you are also showing that you have a CPL.

I see no reason that the MSP cannot handle the entire process. Would it bring more workload on them? Sure! But in the event the County Clerks were removed from the process, MSP would get all of the application fees and could bring on additional workers, as needed. As long as we could go to any MSP post within the State to apply (and renewals continue to be allowed by mail or online), I see that as a win/win for everyone involved.
    Except that SOS is already has the infrastructure in place. They can handle photo IDs, has the data base already intact, is conveniently located. I believe the can run records. No sense reinventing the wheel if you don't have to.

SOS are clerks. The MSP isn't and shouldn't have to do it.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

I am a Forum User
    Better solution would be to eliminate CPL's altogether.

Use the 2nd amendment as your license.
    Absolutely this. There is no reason why the right of the people to keep and bear arms should be hindered by bureaucratic shenanigans. Constitutional carry is the answer, dangerous freedom and all.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    Except that SOS is already has the infrastructure in place. They can handle photo IDs, has the data base already intact, is conveniently located. I believe the can run records. No sense reinventing the wheel if you don't have to.

MSP has all of the same access as SOS. Photo IDs now come from the SoS DL/ID database, which MSP has access to, as well.

SOS does not have full LEIN access, but MSP has SOS database access within LEIN. MSP can run background checks, SOS cannot (aside from driving records).

MSP has non-MCOLES employees for clerical work (and otherwise).

IF the SOS could handle the entire process and MSP was out of the picture, I'd agree…but as I said before, the less agencies involved with the CPL process, the better.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    MSP has all of the same access as SOS. Photo IDs now come from the SoS DL/ID database, which MSP has access to, as well.

SOS does not have full LEIN access, but MSP has SOS database access within LEIN. MSP can run background checks, SOS cannot (aside from driving records).

MSP has non-MCOLES employees for clerical work (and otherwise).

IF the SOS could handle the entire process and MSP was out of the picture, I'd agree…but as I said before, the less agencies involved with the CPL process, the better.
    Add to that the fact that you can't get into the SOS to do anything now.
    They have proven that the wants & needs of the citizens of MI mean nothing to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post

Have you been to the SOS lately? They are the slowest laziest people around, even worse than postal workers. The last time I went in, I had an appointment and still had to wait over 30 mins past my time, just to get called to the counter...that didn't count the time to actually get my License renewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Divegeek View Post
    Have you been to the SOS lately? They are the slowest laziest people around, even worse than postal workers. The last time I went in, I had an appointment and still had to wait over 30 mins past my time, just to get called to the counter...that didn't count the time to actually get my License renewed.
    Yeah, they are using this "pandemic" to make their service even SLOWER than it ever was before. Working even LESS than before......
    MI_XD
    SW Michigan
    ----Hey Joe and A Camal----Oh, and now Stretchy Gretchey
    ---- What part of "Shall Not Be Infringed" do you not Understand?"
    -----

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MI_XD View Post
    Yeah, they are using this "pandemic" to make their service even SLOWER than it ever was before. Working even LESS than before......
    Why shouldn't they work slower, they get more money because they are "essential" and working under hazardous conditions.
    The slower you work, the more hours you get.
    Even state workers can figure that out.

Why shouldn't they work slower, they get more money because they are "essential" and working under hazardous conditions.
    The slower you work, the more hours you get.
    Even state workers can figure that out.
    They don't hold a candle to the Asplundt crews. Park the truck, sit in the truck 3 hrs, cut a few branches. Sit. Toss the branches in the shredder. Sit.
    10 days to do our small street, and had to come back for 3 more.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

MGO Member Forum User
    SO this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast