Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Quote Originally Posted by blueryhmes View Post
    A pocket carry in 9mm is more logical considering .22lr is a small caliber. Ruger LCRx 9mm is another good option.
    I have been thinking about buying a Springfield Hellcat for IWB carry. I would not pocket carry 9mm.

I think I might like it more than a 25 or a 32, or tied with those. It would be my last choice, but its an option. Anything that makes noise and can poke a hole in someone has utility.

Quote Originally Posted by thedonn007 View Post
    I have been thinking about buying a Springfield Hellcat for IWB carry. I would not pocket carry 9mm.
    If a pocket 380 is too much a Hellcat will probably be pretty snappy and a handful also. Small centerfires are not what I consider "range guns" for most shooters. I own both a 380 Seecamp and Hellcat 9mm and although the Seecamp is flat out painful to shoot the Hellcat is not what I would enjoy spending a day at the range with either. I look at the average "compact" or "pocket" pistols as 10yd or less self defense options. Farther then that and you are probably best served by a rifle or shotty IMO. Remember too self defense is not shooting a guy on a roof top across the street 3 doors down anyway. Most will likely be at sub 5yd ranges and the majority of those at knife fightin" distance
    If you are going to carry IWB anyway and are looking at a centerfire going to a larger pistol makes sense if recoil shy or you have arthritis as example. The grip length is where the gun shows when IWB and longer slides are easier to rack plus add a bit of recoil taming weight. The longer sight radius helps with accuracy which encourages range time with the gun. Id look at the rental guns at your local range and if possible try as many as catch your eye. it may cost a few dollars up front but save you in the long run if you dont like the next gun you buy untested and find you dont care fore it either.

Where exactly are you located? If you're close by and interested Id be willing to let you run some rds through my Hellcat and see how it fits your expectations. I've also a HK Vp0sk and 1911 in 9mm if you are interested in something a bit bigger.
    Sorry but due to tight ammo supplies I'd ask you supply your own 9mm. Drop a PM if interested.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    380 ACP or 200 foot-pounds of energy would be my carry minimum.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456