Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Federal just came out with a new hollow point self defense 22 lr ... just a heads up
    They are talking about these on rimfire central. They appear to me to be nothing more then nickel plated “stingers”. Since CCI and Federal are under the same parent company I wouldn’t doubt they are trading components and loads
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

There is nothing more useless that the gun you are not carrying or that you cant hit anything with when you go to shoot it.... I have personally dissuaded at least 1 drug addict who had a knife in his hand with my 22 pistol and I personally have never had a misfire in any of my rimfire weapons. Carry fresh ammo that you have tested and know is reliable. I know people who had a rimfire revolver that had the same 30-40 year old ammo in the cylinder and who never fired the thing. Then dont be surprised if things dont work out when the chips are down.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Federal just came out with a new hollow point self defense 22 lr ... just a heads up
    Thanks. I have been trying to find some Federal Punch .22lr, or some stingers or velocitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    They are talking about these on rimfire central. They appear to me to be nothing more then nickel plated “stingers”. Since CCI and Federal are under the same parent company I wouldn’t doubt they are trading components and loads
    Ohh darn. I didn't look into it much, I am 22 lr guy, but I only shoot my marlin rifles. Never much messed with 22 handguns other than borrowing a 22/45, mk iii, old highpoint etc up north.

Sounded cool, but if its just a new label then meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    https://youtu.be/Fl1HUMt5UpM

Stinger; 32gr bullet @1640 FPS
    Punch; 29 gr bullet @ 1650 FPS

Stinger is a Copper plated HP
    Punch is a nickel plated FN

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thedonn007 View Post
    Would you rely on a .22 lr Ruger LCP for pocket carry self defense?
    Way better than sharp words, and a poke in the eye.

I was able to find some Federal Punch .22lr, so I will carry it with that ammo instead of the 38 grain Federal hollow point rounds that I have.

I am a Forum User
    It depends what you’re trying to defend against. A pocket pistol chambered in .22LR is probably decent defense against an unarmed but more powerful attacker or against someone armed with a knife or a brick. It’s would be a lot better than absolutely nothing at all but probably not going to keep you alive in a fight with a guy armed with an AR and would be at a severe disadvantage against someone armed with a run of the mill Glock 19.

Quote Originally Posted by mittenman View Post
    It depends what you’re trying to defend against. A pocket pistol chambered in .22LR is probably decent defense against an unarmed but more powerful attacker or against someone armed with a knife or a brick. It’s would be a lot better than absolutely nothing at all but probably not going to keep you alive in a fight with a guy armed with an AR and would be at a severe disadvantage against someone armed with a run of the mill Glock 19.
    No matter what the I'm defending against, stick, knife, gun or a heavy boot I will use what ever I can get my hands on to defend myself. Be it knife, brick, bat or gun.
    A 22lr could work, although I know personally of a instance and, mentioned it on a thread on these forums in the past, where a 22lr from a rifle at a couple of feet distance killed one with multiple chest hits and left a second to drive and carry the 1st into a hospital lobby with a hit to the back of his head. The 2nd is alive and well today. Personally I would not poo-poo a person with a 22 carry knowing some have trouble with larger calibers and the pistols that fire them, but do believe in carrying the largest caliber I can handle well enough to feel comfortable with. If you have trouble working the slide of a pistol due to medical or psychical size problems or lack the strength to hold onto a larger gun a 22 may be the way to go. If you can load and shoot a larger cartridge I would trust it much more if my life or personal well being is on the line which is what it is all about to begin with.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast