Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Background check delay

I went to purchase a firearm Tuesday, March 16 at 4pm and my background check status is still showing "researching"

Has anybody else had this issue before? I have absolutely no criminal history and a CPL that was renewed less than 6 months ago.

I am a Forum User
    Yes. It can be completely random. They should proceed after 3 days without a denial.

I am a Forum User
    One of the dealers I have used lately told me that almost 75% of the ones he calls in lately get delayed. Just the .gov making it more of a pain to buy firearms than it needs to be.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue XJ View Post
    One of the dealers I have used lately told me that almost 75% of the ones he calls in lately get delayed. Just the .gov making it more of a pain to buy firearms than it needs to be.
    Why any FFL still calls in is beyond me. I've had very few delays using the NICS website. He's probably getting delays calling in because info isn't being transpired correctly.

I am a Forum User
    The gentleman that submitted mine used the NICS website. Maybe he put information in wrong? They still have not received a status update

Quote Originally Posted by RITTER View Post
    The gentleman that submitted mine used the NICS website. Maybe he put information in wrong? They still have not received a status update
    It's possible but unlikely. I get customers all the time that get stuck in "Researching" or get delays for whatever reason, just the way NICS is.

Heck, *I* get stuck researching for 20 minutes when I transfer a firearm to my personal collection.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Why any FFL still calls in is beyond me. I've had very few delays using the NICS website. He's probably getting delays calling in because info isn't being transpired correctly.
    This, this and THIS.

If I had to guess, during the last year, maybe 1 in 15-20 did something OTHER than an immediate proceed.

I've never had a straight up DELAY for a customer. The few DELAYS I've seen start as RESEARCHING but then dropped into a DELAY.

With most that start life as RESEARCHING, almost every one eventually proceeds. Some have only taken couple of minutes, while others have gone nearly the full 3 days.

I usually let the transferee hang out and wait for a while, so long as I don't have another customer coming. More often than not, we get the PROCEED in 15 - 30 minutes or so.
    Last edited by Scoop; 03-18-2021 at 01:17 PM. Reason: PhotoTom's humor

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    Heck, *I* get stuck researching for 20 minutes when I transfer a firearm to my personal collection.
    Yea, well, we've heard about you, so ...

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RITTER View Post
    That's always possible.

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Ive called in and gotten approval instantly while waiting for echeck to update.

I get lots of delays in the afternoons when NICS gets overloaded.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast