Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Colt Dectective special

Can anyone help me with the value on one with a 2" barrel in polished stainless? I have the numbers if anyone can help. A friend of mines dad passed and I would like to put in a decent offer.

MGO Member
    More than likely, you are looking at a Nickle plated DS. I have one and it would take at least $700 to even think about parting with it.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by john.41 View Post
    More than likely, you are looking at a Nickle plated DS. I have one and it would take at least $700 to even think about parting with it.
    in 95 or 96 Colt's issued a stainless SF-VI/DS-II or small frame mk 6, as the Detective Special II. i dont recall if they were roll marked Detective Special or not but its POSSIBLE this is what the OP has....

i LOVE my DSs!

MGO Member
    Anything is possible with the limited information.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

I am a Forum User
    Sorry it is nickle plated and the serial number according to colt puts it at 1963. The serial number also has a B below it does this mean anything?20210405_221906.jpg20210405_221847.jpg20210405_221830.jpg Can anyone help me with a value?
    Last edited by FishinJoe; 04-05-2021 at 09:35 PM.

MGO Member
    Nickle is a little nicer than mine, if you had the factory grip on it, I'd say $800 - $900. Never know, at a "no reserve" auction though.