Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Winchester Model 12 spare barrel?

I'm about to get a Winchester Model 12 in 12ga but I don't want to ruin the original barrel by having it threaded for different chokes, so I wanted to see if I could just simply get a replacement barrel for it, or does it not work like that? I figured it being a shotgun and all I wouldn't have to worry that much about headspace, but maybr I'm wrong?

My understanding is swapping barrels on the M12 is pretty much a gunsmith proposition. That and the fact the gun went out of production in 1964 when they were replaced by the M1200 and barrels may be hard to find today adds to the difficulties
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

MGO Member
    Another option to consider may be to have a polychoke installed. This was the multiple choke solution back in the 60s, maybe a little earlier. I don't recall when polychokes were invented.
    Edit: Looked up polychokes introduction. Introduced in the 1920s, only a few years after your model 12

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the info guys ��