Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

What 80% kit should I buy?

What 80% kit should I buy before they are potentially banned? I am not interested in Glock or AR-15 80% builds. Maybe a 2011 or P320 80% build.

I am a Forum User
    Good luck with 320 build. Finding an FCU jig at a reasonable price is impossible. No idea about 2011s. Into the polymer80 glocks myself.

Whatever you do don't buy one from Tennessee Arms. My friend got an AR lower from them and it is not straight. Crickets when he contacted them about it.

I am a Forum User
    My vote would be 1911 or 320 of some flavor, if you can even find what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by mattbbb14 View Post
    Good luck with 320 build. Finding an FCU jig at a reasonable price is impossible. No idea about 2011s. Into the polymer80 glocks myself.
    since fear of a ban is not unfounded, I am surprised they were not banned during obama ... he should just buy whatever he wants that he can get his hands on, then worry about a jogg in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    since fear of a ban is not unfounded, I am surprised they were not banned during obama ... he should just buy whatever he wants that he can get his hands on, then worry about a jogg in the future.
    The jigs are a convenience, but not necessary. ALL work on an 80% receiver can be completed with careful set-up and fixturing. Having the patience to spend 3-4 hours perfecting a solid set-up will pay a huge dividend while making a 3 minute cut in a mill (or even a drill press).

And, a bit of Google-**, you can find the prints to make your own fixture, if you really want one.

Heck, borrow a jig, and some simple sandcast work you can crank a few jigs out in a weekend.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I have a lot of the Sig P320 MUP-1s in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    I have a lot of the Sig P320 MUP-1s in stock.
    Do you have the jig as well?

MGO Member
    You should still get some AR15 ones and hang on to them.
    Otherwise, the Sig P320 is not difficult to build.
    I'd like to do either a 1911 or 2011 eventually.
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

The "problem" with an AR lower is that I already have a handful that are complete in one form or another, and I have a handful of stripped lowers saved for a rainy day. I don't really need an 80% AR lower.